Lexmark Prospect Pro205 Setup Guidance
Lexmark Prospect Pro205 is a thermal inkjet All-in-One printer which can print, copy, scan, and fax. The printer supports wireless and USB connectivity. The print speed is up to 33 pages per minute. It supports duplex printing, and the ADF feeder can hold up to 35 pages.
If you want to do Lexmark Prospect Pro205 setup for the first time, consider the steps that are given below.
Step 1: Unpacking the printer
- Remove the tapes around the carton box and take out the Lexmark printer.
- Now, remove the styrofoam covers from the edges of the printer. Then, dispose of the plastic cover around the printer.
- Place the printer in a location that is away from the direct sunlight.
- Remove all the packing materials from the printer, which includes tapes and plastic films.
- Open the printer cover and remove the packing restraint.
- Now, open the cartridge door and dispose of the packing tapes inside the printer.
- Raise the lower door and take out the ink cartridge packages.
- The printer components consist of the following.
Step 2: Fixing the ink cartridges
- Unpack the ink cartridges from the covers.
- Now, insert each cartridge into the holder following the color code on it.
- Do not touch the contacts of the cartridges.
- Open the printer cover to fix the cartridge holder into the printer. Then, close the cover.
Step 3: Loading Paper
- Raise the paper input tray and adjust the paper guides according to the size of the paper that you are going to load.
- Align a stack of paper and fan them well before loading it.
- Insert the stack of paper into the tray and pull out the printer's output tray.
Step 4: Connecting the Power cord
- Connect the power cord to the rear side of the Lexmark printer.
- Plug the other end of the power cord to an electrical outlet.
- Turn on the Lexmark Prospect Pro205 setup by tapping the power button and make the initial settings on the printer.
- Select your language from the displayed list. Now, set the date and time.
- Set the required settings and save the changes that you have made.
- Print a report sheet to check the settings.
Step 5: Installing the printer software
- To connect the printer to your computer, install the printer software.
- Insert the installation disc into the CD drive of your computer.
- Otherwise, download the software from the official Lexmark website.
- After installing the software, you can print from your computer easily.
Lexmark Prospect Pro205 Wireless Setup
For setting up a wireless connection on the Lexmark printer, proceed with the steps given below
- Before starting the Lexmark Prospect Pro205 setup, make sure that your wireless network is configured correctly. Keep the router turned on.
- If you are setting up the wireless connection using a Setup wizard, note down the login credentials of the network.
- Close all the other running software programs.
- Install the printer software on your computer.
- To install the software, use the installation disc or download the software from the official Lexmark website.
- Double-click on the installer file and click Install.
- Select the Wireless connection option when prompted to choose a connection type.
- Go to the Setup section on the printer screen. Then, select Network Setup.
- Tap Wireless Networking and select Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
- Select Enable Auto Detect and confirm it.
- When prompted to connect your router, press the WPS button on the router.
- Tap OK when the confirmation message appears on the printer screen to connect to the network.
- If your wireless router does not have a WPS feature, you can connect the printer to your network by selecting the SSID. Then, enter the password of the wireless network.
- After connecting the printer to your wireless network, you can print and scan wirelessly from your computer.
Lexmark Prospect Pro205 Ink Cartridge Replacement
- If the cartridges have run out of ink, you can replace the ink cartridge by following the procedure given below.
- Make sure to connect the Lexmark Prospect Pro205 setup to a power source and turn on the printer.
- Open the printer cover and press the release tab.
- Now, remove the empty ink cartridge. If one or more ink cartridges are empty, remove them.
- Unpack a new ink cartridge from its cover and remove the cap.
- Now, insert the ink cartridge into the correct slot and press it down until it clicks to place.
- After installing the cartridge, close the printer cover.
Lexmark Prospect Pro205 Setup Troubleshooting Guidance
If you are facing any issues with the printer, first check the printer LCD for any error messages. You can right away follow the instructions on the screen to resolve the error.
Some of the common errors occurring on the Lexmark printer and respective the troubleshooting steps are mentioned below. If you have further queries, get in touch with our technical support team to resolve your issues.
If you are facing print quality issues, clean the print head by following the steps given below.
- Tap the Settings icon and select the Maintenance option. Then, touch the OK button.
- Using the navigation buttons, select the Clean Printhead option.
- You can also select Deep Clean Printhead.
- Restart the printer after the cleaning process is complete.
Lexmark Prospect Pro205 Offline Guide
Proceed with the steps that are given below to fix the printer offline issue.
- Check the USB cable connected between the printer and your computer.
- If you have connected via a hub or switch, remove the USB cable from the hub and connect the Lexmark Prospect Pro205 setup directly to your computer.
- Restart your printer to check if the issue is resolved.
- If the error appears again, go to the Control Panel window from the Start menu.
- Select the Devices and Printers option. Then, right-click on the Lexmark printer and select See What's printing.
- Clear the active print jobs and click the Printer menu. Make sure that that the Printer Offline option is not selected.
- Set the printer as the default printing source to fix the issue.
Lexmark Prospect Pro205 Paper Jam Solution
Until you clear the paper jams in your printer, you cannot carry out any operation on it.
Follow the procedure given below to quickly solve Lexmark Prospect Pro205 setup paper jam error.
- If you see the paper stuck in the input tray, remove the paper by pulling it out carefully.
- Now, open the rear access door and check for paper scraps.
- If you find any, pull it out using both hands.
- Sometimes, there may be paper stuck in the output tray. You can easily remove the jammed paper by pulling it outside.
- After the paper jam issue has been resolved, you can resume your print jobs.