Lexmark Mx611de Setup
If you have bought a new Lexmark MX611de printer, you have to set it up physically. Read the below steps that can help you with the printer setup.
- Unbox the printer and check the other printer accessories in the carton.
- Remove all the packaging tapes and covers from the printer.
Step-2: Install the toner cartridge and imaging kit
- Find the release button on the right-side panel of the printer and press it while you open the front door.
- Unpack the new imaging unit, take off all the protective materials, and gently shake it.
- Place it inside the printer such that the arrows on the unit align with the rails.
- Following that, open the new toner cartridge packet and remove the protective tapes.
- Now, hold the toner cartridge by its handle and shake it gently.
- Insert the cartridge into the printer and close the front door.
Step-3: Load paper in the tray
- Draw the paper tray out of the printer.
- After that, move the paper width and length guides to the paper size you are going to feed.
- Arrange the paper neatly in a stack with the print side facing down and place it in the tray.
- Also, check if the paper level is below the maximum paper fill indicator.
- Adjust the paper guides such that the paper is fixed in a position and not tight.
- Next, place the tray into the printer slowly.
Step-4: Connect the network cable
- You can skip this step if you are going to connect the printer to the wireless network or use the USB connection.
- If you are going to prefer the wired network connection for the printer, then connect an Ethernet cable to the printer.
- Attach the other end of the cable to the router port.
Step-5: Power connection
- Take the power cord provided with the printer and connect it between the printer and an electrical wall socket.
- Once the printer turns on, configure the basic settings on the printer’s display panel.
Step-6: Software installation
- Once the printer setup is done, proceed to install the printer software on the computer.
- The printer driver enables you to manage and control printer operations.