HP Photosmart 6520 Printer Problems - FIXED
When using a printer, there are many issues encountered by the users. “Print jobs stuck in print queue” or “print quality issues” are the common problems encountered by many people.
Continue reading this page to know how to fix the HP Photosmart 6520 printing issues.
Resolving the print quality issue on the HP Photosmart 6520 printer
Method 1: Printing a Print Quality Diagnostic Report
This method will help you verify that the ink cartridges are installed properly, or the printheads need to be cleaned.
- Initially, load paper into the input tray if it is empty.
- Next, select the Settings option from the printer’s home screen.
- Tap Tools > Print Quality Report.
- Now, your printer will start to print the quality diagnostic report.
- Once it is printed, review it.
- If you find defects in the color bars, clean the printhead. To do so, select Settings > Tools > Clean Printhead.
- Similarly, align the printhead of your printer if you find defects in the alignment pattern of the report. To align the printhead, select Settings > Tools > Align Printer.
After aligning or cleaning the printhead, print the quality diagnostic report again, and check whether the print quality issue is resolved or not.
Method 2: Installing The Ink Cartridges Properly
- Improper installation of the cartridges might also cause this kind of issue.
- So, open the ink cartridge access door of your printer and check whether the cartridges are installed properly or not.
- If not, remove and reinstall them properly.
- Similarly, make sure that the orange tape from the cartridges is removed.
Read the below methods to fix HP Photosmart 6520 printing issues.
Method 3: Replacing The Cartridges
- Check the ink levels of the cartridges. If the ink level is empty or low, then replace the cartridge and check whether the print quality issue is resolved or not.
- To check the estimated ink levels of the cartridges, go to the Settings screen of your printer.
- Select the Tools option followed by Estimated Ink Levels.
- As said above, if the ink level is low or empty, replace the corresponding cartridge with a new one.
Resolving the “print jobs stuck in print queue” issue
Note: The following instructions are suitable only for the Windows OS-based computer.
- As the first step of troubleshooting, use the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool.
- If this diagnostic tool fails to fix the issue, then reset the Windows printing environment and check if the print issue is resolved.
- If not, reinstall the HP Photosmart 6520 printer driver on your Windows computer.
Resetting The Windows Printing Environment
- Open the Services window on your Windows computer.
- Right-click on the Print Spooler option.
- Click Stop.
- Now, close the Services window and open the File Explorer screen.
- Open the Local Disk C folder.
- Select Windows > System 32 > spool > PRINTERS.
- Now, in the opened window, select and remove all the files that are related to the printer.
- After deleting all the files, shut down your Windows computer completely.
- Restart your HP printer and turn on the computer.
Now, check if the HP Photosmart 6520 printing issue is resolved. If not, contact us.