HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 Wireless Setup Guide
HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 is a wireless printer that can be connected to an Internet Service Provider through the following features:
HP Wireless Direct, HP Auto Wireless Connect, Built-in Wi-Fi feature, Bluetooth function.
How to connect HP Officejet Pro 8720 to wifi Direct Setup
- Connect the HP Officejet Pro 8720 Printer Setup to a power outlet and turn it on.
- Access to the Control Panel settings on your printer.
- Go to the Wireless Settings or Network Setup menu.
- Navigate downwards and select the Wireless Direct option.
- Slide the toggle switch on top to enable the Wi-Fi Direct app.
- Tap the On with Security option to secure the wireless connection.
- Take a note of the encryption key that displays on the screen.
- Turn on the Wireless function on your mobile device.
- Select HP-Print-xx-[HP OfficeJet Pro 8720] from the scanned list.
- Wait for a while and the wireless connection establishes successfully.
How to Connect HP officejet pro 8720 to Wi-Fi
- Turn on the router that is connected to an ISP.
- Check the internet connection status and signal strength.
- Turn on the Wireless feature on the HP Officejet Pro 8720 printer.
- Wait for a while and the printer displays a list of available networks.
- Tap the desired network with which you want to associate the printer.
- Enable the Wi-Fi option on your computer or laptop.
- Make sure to link it to the same network to which the printer is connected.
- Choose a document or photo to print and start printing wirelessly.
HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 Ink Cartridge Replacement
Replace the ink cartridges if the ink is low or the cartridges are drained.
- Purchase a new set of HP Officejet Pro 8720 Printer Setup ink cartridges from the manufacturer.
- Ensure that there are no leaks on the ink cartridges.
- Release the cartridge access door and wait until the carriage turns idle.
- Raise the ink lids and take the old ink cartridges out.
- Pack them in a cover and send to the manufacturer for recycling.
- Take the new cartridges and remove the peel-off tabs.
- Put the ink cartridges into the respective ink slots.
- Lower the lids and close the cartridge access door.
- Print a test page to check the printhead alignment and ink flow.
HP officejet pro 8720 USB printer setup
Proceed with the following instructions to connect the HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 printer to your computer through a USB cord.
- Link the printer to an electrical outlet and turn it on.
- Power on your computer and make sure both devices are close by.
- Insert the USB cable into the printer’s USB port.
- Plug the opposite end to a USB port on your computer.
- The system displays a message stating Installing Device Drivers.
- Wait until the device drivers installation is complete.
- Click OK on the window that pops up on the next screen.
- The connection is successful. Start printing.
How to print on HP OfficeJet Pro 8720
- Load appropriate papers in the printer’s paper input tray.
- Link the printer and the computer through a network or USB hub.
- Open the file that you want to print on your laptop.
- Tap the Ctrl key and then the P key on your keyboard.
- Or. click the Print option under the File menu
- A preview of the file displays. Click OK and then Print.
- Do not shut down the printer or the laptop until the printing completes.
- Check the output tray for the printed document.
How to Print Double Side on HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 Printer
- The HP Officejet Pro 8720 Printer Setup supports double-sided printing.
- The user can print on both sides with the duplex printing option.
- Open the document or photo to be printed on the computer you use.
- Tap Ctrl and P together. Pick your printer model from the on-screen list.
- Expand the Printing Properties or Print Settings tab.
- Select the option titled Duplex Printing or Two-sided Printing.
- A sub-menu pops up with two options - Flip On Long Edge & Flip On Short Edge.
- Select an option, click Apply, and then Print.
How to scan from HP OfficeJet Pro 8720
- Tap the Wi-Fi icon on the OfficeJet Pro 8720 printer’s access panel.
- Bridge the printer’s Wi-Fi with a network source.
- Link the laptop that you use to the same wireless network.
- Load the scanner glass with the doc to be scanned.
- On the printer’s access panel, tap the scan icon.
- A green-colored beam of light passes across the scanner.
- After the scan completes, the scanned doc appears on the laptop’s screen.
- Click Save As to make a copy of the file.
HP Officejet Pro 8720 Scan to Email
- Use your printer’s email id to share the scanned document.
- Access the Control Panel settings on your HP Officejet Pro 8720 Printer Setup.
- Go to the Applications menu and tap the Scan to Email option.
- Power up your Apple device and click the Apple icon on the taskbar.
- Locate and click the System Preferences menu from the drop-down list.
- Wait until the Finder menu opens and after it does, click Go on top of the screen.
- Double-click the Image Capture option on the upcoming screen.
- Alter the settings & click Scan. The doc moves to the synchronized email account.
HP Officejet pro 8720 Scan to computer
- Download and install the HP OJPro 8720 full feature driver package.
- Connect the printer and the PC through a network or USB hub.
- Insert the document to be scanned into the printer’s scanner.
- Click Start and then Search on the PC. Type HP and tap the Enter key.
- Click on your printer model from the on-screen list and wait for a while.
- The HP Printer Assistant opens. Expand the Scan tab.
- Click Scan a Document or Photo and wait until the HP Scan software opens.
- Select Scan and the printer scans and displays the scanned file on your PC.
HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 Eprint setup
HP ePrint is a mobile-printing service that allows you to print On The Go, provided you have a strong and active internet connection.
- Obtain the HP Officejet Pro 8720 Printer Setup email address.
- Link the printer to a wireless network source.
- Launch an email application on your laptop.
- Click the Compose icon to open a new mail.
- Type the printer’s email id in the To field.
- Fill the email’s subject line with a subject.
- Link a document or photo to the composed email.
- Click Send and the doc transfers to the printer via email.
- The printer prints the received document.
HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 Airprint setup
AirPrint is a mobile printing application in Apple devices that operate on iOS version 4.2 and later. It uses the Wireless connection mechanism.
- Place a stack of plain paper into the printer’s paper tray.
- Open the doc or image that you want to print.
- Tap the Share or Menu icon and then the Print option.
- If there is no Share icon available, open the doc in another application.
- Touch the Select Printer option and pick your printer model.
- Sort the pages accordingly and the number of copies to be printed.
- Select the Print icon on top-right corner of the screen.
- The document prints from your OfficeJet Pro 8720 printer.
How to Fax from HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 Printer
- On your laptop, load the doc that you want to fax.
- Make sure not to use the telephone (for calling) while faxing.
- Type the receiver’s fax or telephone number on the printer’s display key panel.
- Tap the Black, Color, or Send icon on the printer’s access panel.
- If you hear a busy sound, then the receiver’s telephone line might be busy.
- Halt for few seconds and then try again or ask the receiver to terminate the call.
- After the fax sends, a test report prints from your HP Officejet Pro 8720 Printer Setup.
- Tap the Cancel icon to terminate the fax process at any time.