HP Officejet Pro 6978 Wireless Setup
The different methods in wireless setup are the HP Auto Wireless Connect, WiFi Protected Setup (WPS) and HP Wireless Setup Wizard. Carry out the procedure in the forthcoming topics to set the wireless connection on your printer.
How to Connect HP Officejet Pro 6978 to Wireless
- Power on your router. Link your computer to the network of a router.
- On the function panel of the HP OJPro6978 Setup printer, tap the Wireless icon.
- Tap Setup --> Wireless Settings --> Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Pick the network name of your router and touch OK.
- Provide the WEP or WPA key if prompted and tap Done.
- Install the printer driver on your computer.
- Choose the connection method as wireless.
- Enter the network name and password of your router when the system prompts.
- Go through the procedure on the screen and complete the wireless setup.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Mobile Printing
The mobile printing feature is used to print from the Android and Smartphones. Carry out the upcoming step by step procedure to perform mobile printing in the HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 eprint Setup
- Download and launch the ePrint application on your computer or Smart devices.
- Open the app and touch Settings. Activate the application by touching the Activate option.
- Provide your mail address in the Activate Using your Email box and touch Activate.
- You will obtain an activation code in your mail.
- Use the code and enable the application.
- Now open the document you need to print on your computer. Tap the Print option.
- Change the print settings if required. Again, touch the Print option and start to print.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Airprint Setup
- On the front panel of the HP OJPro6978 Setup printer, tap Setup --> Network --> Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Select the network name of your router.
- Provide the password of the network if prompted.
- Connect your Apple device to the same network.
- Open the document or image that is about to print on your Apple device.
- Click the Share button and tap Print.
- Modify the print settingss and start the print function.
- For more information regarding the AirPrint feature, call our technical experts.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Ink Cartridge
Carry out the steps in the following topics to replace the ink cartridges of the HP Officejet Pro6978 printer.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Ink Cartridge Replacement
- Power up the HP Officejet Pro printer by force pressing its power button.
- Open the top access door of the Officejet printer. The carriage moves and settles at its position.
- Wait until the carriage becomes idle. Lift the lid of the cartridge which you want to replace.
- Remove the cartridge from the printer. Unpack the new ink cartridge.
- Never touch the ink nozzles and copper-colored contacts.
- Remove the protective tapes on the cartridge. Insert into the respective slot.
- Close the cartridge lid and access door of the printer.
- Align the cartridge and complete the replacement process.
How to Check Ink Levels in HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printer
- Check the ink level either using the related option on the control panel of the printer or its driver software.
- On the control panel of the HP OJPro6978 Setup printer, find and select the Ink Drop, Ink Levels or Cartridge icon.
- Now the ink level displays on the front panel.
- The ink level of the cartridges can also be checked in the applications like the HP Smart app and HP Print and Scan Doctor application.
How to Print on HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printer
The quick and easy step by step procedure to print on HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer is given in the following topic.
- Edit the document or image you need to print.
- Link your HP OJPro6978 Setup printer and computer to the same network of a router or access point.
- Open the document in an application on your computer or laptop.
- Click on the File menu and select the Print option.
- Select the Printer Properties option to change the additional settings like layout, quality and more.
- Preview the document if needed and click the Print option.
- For more guidelines to print the document on the HP Officejet printer, call our customer Help team.
How to Print Double Side on HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printer
- Load the input tray of the Officejet printer with blank papers.
- Connect your printer and computer to the corresponding network of a router or access point.
- Open the file you want to scan on your computer.
- Go to Printer Properties and select the Duplex Printing option.
- Under the Two-sided printing option, pick the Binding or Page Flip feature.
- Finally, click the OK button and select Print.
- Since your printer supports automatic duplexing, it prints automatically.
- For more information to perform duplex printing, call our tech assists.
How to Scan on HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printer
The simple and easy procedure to scan on the HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer is provided in the following topic.
- Install the downloaded driver software on your computer or laptop.
- If you download the latest version of the printer driver software, the HP Scan application installs automatically.
- Load the document or image you want to scan on the scanner glass of the printer.
- Search for HP and click the name of your printer.
- Select Scan --> Scan a Document or Photo.
- Configure the scan settings and start the scanning process.
- For more information regarding the scan function, get in touch with our techies.
How to Perform HP Officejet Pro 6978 Scan to Email
- Enable the Web Services feature on your printer.
- On the front panel of the Officejet printer, go to Apps and select Scan to Email.
- Continue with the instructions on the screen.
- Type your mail address and tap Done.
- You will receive a PIN in your mail.
- Type the PIN on the control panel of the HP OJPro6978 Setup printer and tap Done.
- Load the original document you intend to scan on the scanner glass of the printer.
- Change the scan configurations if needed.
- Go through the guidelines and complete the scan to email setup.
How to Copy on HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printer
- Place the document or photo you intend to copy on the scanner glass of the HP Officejet Pro6978 printer.
- On the function panel of the HP Officejet 6978 printer, tap the Copy, Copy Document or Copy Photo icon.
- Go to Settings and modify the additional copy settings.
- Finally, tap the Start Black or Start Color button to start the copy function.
- If you feel difficult to perform the copy function in the HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer, contact our technical expertise.
How to Fax on HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printer
- Before starting to send a fax, ensure the printer is powered up.
- Link your HP printer and computer to the same network.
- Place the document that is about to be faxed on the scanner glass or Automatic Document Feeder (ADF).
- Select the Fax option and click OK.
- Now tap the Start button on the front panel of the printer.
- The HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer prints a confirmation printout.
- You can check the fax status on the printout.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Factory Reset
Carry out the step by step process in the forthcoming topic to reset the HP printer to its default settings.
- Power up the HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer if it is switched off previously.
- Link your HP printer and computer to the same network of a router or access point.
- Click the Start menu located at the bottom left corner of the computer’s display.
- Type Devices in the search bar and pick the Devices and Printers option.
- Find and select your printer name.
- Select the Set as Default Printer option.
- Now the HP OJPro6978 Setup printer resets to the default configurations.