How to Setup or Install HP Officejet Pro 6960 Printer
- Unbox your newly arrived HP Officejet Pro 6960 Printer and keep the packing materials aside.
- Provide the power connection to the printer on a wall outlet using the power cord.
- Turn on the HP Officejet Pro 6960 Printer Setup using its Power button and swipe to the bottom of the menu screen to set language, date, time and region.
- Confirm your preferences and then take the ink cartridges one by one out of their package.
- Insert the black color ink cartridge on the right side and the tri-color on the left side.
- Keep a plain blank paper in the printer’s input tray and wait until the printer prints an alignment page, and then proceed to the next step.
- Install the HP Officejet Pro 6960 printer software on your computer using the installation CD and set up the wired, wireless or USB network connection depending on your choice.
Install Driver for HP OfficejetPro 6960 Printer
- To install the driver for HP Officejet 6960, either you need the installation CD or any software provided by the manufacturer.
- The software installation through CD works only with the Windows computer, and for Mac, you must use a USB flash drive to copy and install the driver.
- If it is from CD, first mount the disc on your computer and wait for the contents to display.
- Copy and paste the driver setup file in any folder of your computer. Open the setup file and run it.
- Follow the flashing prompts or instructions and finish the setup process.
- If the CD is not reading, then download it from our website by clicking the Driver Download button.
- Click on the downloaded file, read the instructions and complete the installation.
HP Officejet Pro 6960 Wireless Setup
HP Officejet Pro 6960 wireless setup process is simple and essential in this technically emerging world. Refer to these steps for setting it up on your printer.
How to Connect HP Officejet Pro 6960 to Wireless
- You must have a few things ready before you initiate the wireless setup process on your HP Officejet Pro 6960 Printer Setup.
- A computer linked to a wireless network to which you will be connecting your printer.
- The name and passcode of your computer’s wireless network to provide if prompted.
- A wireless router to establish the system is also necessary.
- It is recommended to place the computer, router, and printer near to each other to avoid weak signal strengths.
- A broadband internet connection such as DSL is required and it must be continuous.
- Check if a USB cable connects the printer and computer, and if so, remove it.
- Install the printer software from us or the manufacturer’s site.
- From the printer’s control panel, go to SettingsNetwork settingsWireless Setup Wizard.
- Based on the wizard’s instructions, complete the wireless setup on your computer.
HP Officejet Pro 6960 Wireless Direct Printing
- Enable HP Wireless Direct on the HP Officejet Pro 6960 printer.
- If you have the Wi-Fi radio on your computer or mobile, turn it on.
- If your printer is already on a wireless network but wishes to print using Wi-Fi Direct, then activate the HP Wi-Fi Direct on your printer and Wi-Fi on your mobile phone, and then print directly to the printer.
- If you have connected your printer through a USB connection, then turn on the Direct feature on your printer firstly.
- From Windows Start, click ProgramsHP(Your Printer Model)Printer Setup & Software.
- Launch the software and select Utilities over the Printer Software screen.
- Click HP Officejet Pro 6960 Printer Setup & Software and choose the Connect a new printer option.
HP Officejet Pro 6960 Mobile Printing
We have setup steps for popularly used mobile printing solutions for you to print from your network-connected wireless printer. Follow them and do it by yourself without the need of a technician appearing physically.
HP Officejet Pro 6960 ePrint Setup
- To print using HP ePrint, you must obtain the printer’s email address firstly.
- The printer’s email address can be acquired in two ways-from the printer’s control panel by tapping the HP ePrint icon.
- The other way is to access the Embedded Web Server and print the information page to obtain the email address of your printer.
- Sign up for a new email account personally and log into it.
- Enter the printer’s email address in the TO field and provide the subject line as well.
- Insert the document or photo you intend to print as an attachment.
HP Officejet Pro 6960 Airprint Setup
- Own an iOS device of version 4.2 and higher to print using the AirPrint feature.
- Check if you have a HP Officejet Pro 6960 Printer Setup that supports AirPrint and it has connected to the Wi-Fi network to which your device is connected.
- If your printer has a display on the control panel, then choose Setup, Network, or Wireless menu provided what it supports.
- Select Wireless Setup Wizard, follow the instructions on the wizard window and complete the setup.
- Tap the Share icon on the document or photo you are trying to print.
- Touch Print and choose your Printer from the list under the Printer Options menu.
- Select Options to alter any other settings.
- Provide the number of copies to print and then tap Print.
HP Officejet Pro 6960 Ink Cartridge
HP Officejet Pro 6960 ink cartridge installation and replacement procedure varies slightly. Go through these steps to replace the faulty ink cartridge.
HP Officejet Pro 6960 Ink Cartridge Replacement
- Before you proceed to remove the faulty cartridge from its slot, check if the ink level has gone below the required level or it is dried out.
- Access the ink cartridge door and press down the cartridge slot slowly to remove the replaceable ink cartridge.
- If you are changing the black ink, then remove the cartridge from the right slot and for tri-color, it is the left slot.
- Insert the new ink cartridge into the provided slot and lock it firmly.
- Print an alignment page manually.
- Purchase only genuine HP Officejet pro 6960 ink cartridges from the manufacturer or an authorized dealer.
How to Print on HP Officejet Pro 6960 Printer
- Load enough papers in the input tray of your HP Officejet Pro 6960 Printer Setup.
- Go to the File menu on the document and tap the Print option.
- Open the Printer Properties and change the necessary settings, and then click Apply to save the changes.
- Return to the Print window and click on the Print option again.
- Finally, see if you have received the output correctly.
How to Scan from HP OfficeJet Pro 6960
To scan from your HP Officejet Pro 6960 printer, make use of the simple instructions provided below.
- Locate the Scan icon or option on your printer’s control panel.
- Choose the computer name and the job type of the scan.
- Hold on till the printer completes the scan process and then go back to your computer.
- The scanned file opens automatically from the scan folder of your computer.
- Click the file to view the scan.
- If you do not have a touch screen panel, contact our agents for the scanning procedure.
HP Officejet Pro 6960 Scan to Email
- To use the Scan to email feature, have a local email account such as Outlook, Live Mail, Thunderbird installed on your computer.
- If you do not have any of the above accounts, you must at least have web-based accounts such as Gmail, Yahoo, and Hotmail.
- Begin the scan from your printer’s control panel.
- Press the Scan menu, select your computer name and choose Email as PDF.
- If your HP Officejet Pro 6960 Printer Setup does not have the scan option on its control panel, reach us for assistance.
How to Copy on HP Officejet Pro 6960 Printer
- Mount the scannable item on the scanner glass or document feeder based on your printer feature.
- Tap Copy, Copy Document, Copy Photo on the control panel of the printer and then modify any settings if required.
- View the Advanced Copy Settings under Settings by tapping it.
- You can do ID card, two-sided copying, and change size, resolution and more settings.
- Based on the option that displays on the screen, press Start or Back after returning to the Home screen and then tap Start Color or Start Black.
- Press OK to begin the copy job.
How to Fax on HP Officejet Pro 6960 Printer
- First, set up the fax using the telephone cords provided along with your HP Officejet Pro 6960 Printer Setup.
- After setting it up, communicate the recipient that you are going to transfer the fax.
- Insert the faxable document into the ADF tray or position it on the scanner glass.
- Keep a blank paper in the printer’s input tray to receive fax reports if any.
- Check if the telephone line is not in use and ring the fax number along with the area code from your printer’s control panel.
- After the fax has sent, you will receive a dial tone in high-pitch confirming that the recipient has received the fax.
- Wait for the fax page to print and now the fax process is complete from your end.
How to Connect HP Officejet Pro 6960 to Computer
- After powering up your HP Officejet Pro 6960 Printer Setup, connect it to a network.
- The HP Officejet Pro 6960 printer supports Wired, Wireless, USB, Wi-Fi Direct, and Front USB Port connections on the printer.
- To set up the printer using USB, first enable your printer’s functionality by powering it up.
- Acquire a USB cable of length 3m.
- Disconnect the cable that has connected to the printer if any.
- Click Devices and Printers on the computer’s control panel settings in the results.
- Right-click your printer model and click Remove device.
- Remove the existing multiple printers if any.
- Now install the printer driver and complete the setup process.
HP Officejet Pro 6960 Factory Reset
Various reasons are there as to why you should do a factory reset on your printer. For factor resetting procedure, read the instructions below.
- Press the Return icon three times from the Home screen of your printer.
- Wait for the Support Menu to display.
- Tap the Menu and choose the Resets Menu using the up or down arrow keys and press OK.
- From the two options that appear on the screen, select Partial reset or Semi-Full reset.
- After choosing an option, press OK.
- Your printer shuts down in a while and after you restart, the issue must resolve.
HP Officejet Pro 6960 Firmware Update
Firmware update fixes the bugs on your printer and ensures smooth workflow. To update the firmware for your printer, go through these steps.
- Go to the HP Officejet Pro 6960 Printer Setup Update feature and press the HP ePrint icon, tap Settings or Setup if required and then press Product Update or Check Product Updates.
- If your printer contains text-based menus, then choose the Setup, Service or, Settings menu, press Preferences, Printer Maintenance, or Tools based on what displays on the screen.
- Agree to the terms and conditions shown on the screen if prompted and following the instructions available on the screen, activate Web Services and set up automatic updates.
- Choose Check for Updates if the printer does not auto-initiate the update process.