HP Officejet Printer Setup - New!
The 123.hp.com/officejet printer delivers professional quality printouts. The printer has features like Cloud connectivity, Instant Ink and more. It is a multifunction printer that suits your home or office. The 123.hp.com/officejet printer performs functions like printing, scanning and more. You can easily connect the Officejet printer to your Android or iOS devices.
How to Setup a 123.hp.com/officejet printer
- Step 1 : Remove the officejet printer from the box
- Step 2 : Connect the power cord
- Step 3 : Load plain paper into the input tray
- Step 4 : Install the ink cartridges
- Step 5 : Install the Printer Software
Pick your 123 HP officejet Printer Models
HP Officejet Printer Setup & Install - First time setup
In the first-time setup of the 123.hp.com/Officejet printer, we have given a detailed explanation of every step below in the order, so that you can follow them and perform the HP OJ Setup easily and quickly.
Step 1 : Remove the printer from the box
- First, check if the carton box in which you received the printer is sealed.
- Remove the seal or tape and take the printer out of the box.
- Ensure that you arrange a clean and flat surface for your Officejet Printer.
- Read the contents on the side of your printer box and check if the components provided inside matches with the same.
Step 2 : Connect the power cord
- To provide power connection to the HP Officejet printer, use the power cord supplied in the box.
- Grab one end of the power cord and connect it to the rear of your printer.
- Insert the other end of it into an electrical wall outlet directly.
- Do not turn on the printer until you install the ink cartridges.
Step 3 : Load plain paper into the input tray
- Grab a plain blank paper and load it into the input tray of your HP Officejet printer.
- Some printers in 123.hp.com/officejet have input tray on the front side and some may have on the top.
- Depending on your printer model, load the paper.
- If the input tray has a paper extender, drag it, insert paper and then push it back.
Step 4 : Install the ink cartridges
- Remove the black cartridge from the package and insert it into the right side of the cartridge slot.
- Before you place any of the ink cartridges, remove the tape in orange color stuck on the nozzles.
- Insert tri-color into the left side of the slot. After the cartridges have installed, turn on the printer and wait for it to produce an alignment page.
HP Officejet Printer Driver & Manual Download
You can download the 123.hp.com/officejet printer driver manual from the link provided here. The link contains the driver which is compatible with your operating system. Hence, when you click on it, the .exe file for Windows and .dmg file for Mac downloads on the respective computers for free.
- These steps are common for both Windows and Mac computer users as only the supporting driver downloads on your device.
- Click on the Download link and after the file downloads, click on the downloaded file either from the browser or double-click from the Downloads folder of your system.
- When you see the command prompt with options Run, Save or Open, choose anyone, read and follow the prompts carefully and complete the installation.
- The manual download is too easy such that the moment you click on the manual download link, the user or instructional file downloads in the PDF format.
How to Install hp officejet wireless printer without cd
- You must install the HP Officejet Wireless printer driver after you establish the network connection with any of your device that you intend to print.
- Keep the network credentials ready of your existing wireless network and position the router and computer close to the printer.
- In case you have connected your printer using a USB cable, remove it.
- From your 123.hp.com/Officejet printer’s control panel, press the Wi-Fi icon if available.
- If not, go to the Network settings, tap Settings Wireless SetupWireless Setup Wizard.
- Based on the instructions that the wizard display, complete the wireless setup on your printer.
- If you have HP Easy Start, launch it and click Printer driver. Follow the quick prompts that appear on the screen and complete the driver installation.
How to Setup HP Officejet on mac computer
- After you complete unboxing and providing power supply to the 123.hp.com/Officejet printer, install the ink cartridges.
- Do not turn on your printer while installing the ink cartridges.
- Print an alignment page and be ready to install the printer software.
- Ensure your Mac computer is turned on and connected to a wireless network.
- Now to connect your Officejet printer to the same system, you must enable the Wi-Fi option on your printer.
- If your printer has the Wi-Fi option available on the control panel, then tap it and access the network settings to confirm the connection.
- At last, check if you can download the HP Easy Start to install the driver quickly and set up your HP Officejet printer to the Mac computer.
How to Install Ink Cartridge on HP Officejet Printer
- Unlock the 123.hp.com/Officejet ink cartridge access door located on the front side of the printer.
- Unwrap one cartridge from the package and peel off the orange-colored tape on it.
- If you have unsealed the tri-color ink cartridge, place it in the left cartridge slot.
- Similarly, unwrap and insert the black ink cartridge on the right side of the slot.
- Ensure that you have already kept enough paper in the input tray.
- Lock the cartridges into their places firmly and shut off the cartridge access door.
- Wait for some time so that the printer prints an alignment page confirming the successful installation of the ink cartridges.
HP Officejet printer scanning issue
- There is a list of scanning issues that your HP Officejet printer might encounter.
- Some of them are Scanner not found, Scan Unsuccessful, Scanner Unreachable, Scan to computer is currently unavailable and more.
- The first and best solution would be having the HP Print and Scan Doctor self-diagnostic tool to resolve any of these.
- Download it from the manufacturer’s website if it was not available at the time of driver download.
- Run the file HPPSdr.exe from the Downloads folder of your Windows computer.
- After the tool has launched, click on Start and then select your 123.hp.com/officejet printer.
- From the two options Fix Printing and Fix Scanning, select Fix Scanning and click on it.
- The tool diagnoses any scan issues and rectifies on its own.