Setup HP Officejet Pro 8020 Printer
HP Officejet Pro 8020 setup - It is stated as one of the best printers under the HP brand. This printer offers a printing speed of 20 pages per minute for increased productivity. With the HP Smart app, the setup process for this printer is so simple. It reduces interruptions with self-healing Wi-Fi and top security.
HP Officejet Pro 8020 Unboxing Setup
Contents in the box
- The HP OfficeJet Pro 8020 printer
- Power cord and Phone cord
Steps for the hardware setup:
- Take the printer from the carton and place it on a flat surface, preferably close to the computer.
- Remove the protective tapes in and around the printer body.
- Connect the supplied power cord to the rear end of the printer and to the main power source. Turn on the printer.
- Select the preferred language from the display screen.
- Open the front door of the printer to install the ink cartridges and wait until the ink carriage stops moving.
- Unpack the ink cartridges from the protective cover and remove the orange protective part from each of the cartridges.
- Open the cover for the ink carriage and place the ink cartridges based on their respective colors.
- Close the front door of the printer.
- Remove the paper input tray from the bottom of the HP printer.
- Place a stack of paper inside the tray and adjust the paper guides.
Steps for he software setup :
- Make sure not to connect the HP printer to the computer before installing the software.
- Download the HP Smart app from the official HP support page.
- Install the HP Smart app and add the HP OfficeJet Pro 8020 printer to the HP Smart app by following the on-screen commands.
- When the connection screen opens, select a connection method and complete the software installation.
HP Officejet Pro 8020 Driver
The driver for the HP printer is available for download on this page. It can also be downloaded from the official HP support page. Click the Driver Download button on this page to download the printer driver immediately.
HP Officejet Pro 8020 Driver Download
- Click the Driver Download button on this page and the download will begin immediately (irrespective of the OS you are using).
- You can also download printer software from the official HP support page.
- Open the support page for the HP OfficeJet Pro 8020 printer.
- Click the Software, Drivers and Firmware tab.
- Choose the printer driver and click the Download button.
HP Officejet Pro 8020 Driver Install
- Once the driver download is complete, do a double-click on the setup file to start the installation.
- When the setup screen opens, click the setup option and follow the on-screen commands.
- Download additional software and complete the installation.
- When you come across the connection screen, select the connection type for the HP OfficeJet Pro 8020 printer.
HP Officejet Pro 8020 Wireless Setup
Before you begin the wireless setup, make sure the wireless network is set up and properly working. There are different methods to set up the printer over your wireless network. The two easiest methods are explained here.
Wi-Fi Protected Setup
- Press the Wireless button on the printer control panel.
- Select the Settings option.
- Tap on the Wireless settings option.
- Select the Wi-Fi Protected Setup option and the wireless setup wizard will now be initiated.
- Within the next couple of minutes, press the WPS button on the router.
- The wireless light will now start blinking and it will stop once the wireless connection is found.
- Install the printer driver on your computer connected to the same wireless network and complete the wireless setup.
- Tap the Wi-Fi Direct option.
- Touch the Settings option.
- Turn on the Wi-Fi Direct option.
- Select the Connection Method as Automatic .
- When you choose the Automatic option, the mobile device or the computer will be directly connected to the HP OfficeJet Pro 8020 printer.
HP Officejet Pro 8020 Wired Setup
The easiest way to perform the HP Officejet Pro 8020 setup for wired connection is by using the HP Smart app.
- Connect a USB cable between the HP OfficeJet Pro 8020 printer and the computer.
- Download and install the HP Smart app from the Microsoft Store (Windows).
- Open the HP Smart app once the installation is complete.
- You can either select the + icon or the Add Printer option.
- Follow the prompts on the screen and complete the setup.
HP Officejet Pro 8020 How To Print
- Place enough paper in the printer's paper tray.
- Open the document you want to print on your computer.
- Click the File option and select Print .
- Select the HP OfficeJet Pro 8020 printer from the printer list.
- Open Printer Properties and select the number of copies you want to print.
- Click the Layout tab and select the orientation as either Portrait or Landscape .
- Set the other preferences and then click the Print button or the OK button to start the print.
HP Officejet Pro 8020 How To Scan
- Place the original document on the scanner glass with the print-side facing down or in the Auto Document Feeder with the print-side facing up.
- Tap on the Scan option from the HP OfficeJet Pro 8020 printer control panel.
- Select the computer to which you want to send the scanned document.
- Tap on the Start Scan button on the control panel.
HP Officejet Pro 8020 How To Copy
- Load few paper in the HP OfficeJet Pro 8020 printer.
- Place the original document on the scanner glass or in the document feeder.
- Touch the Copy option on the printer control panel.
- Select the Document option.
- Enter the number of copies using the keypad button.
- Finally, touch Copy .
HP Officejet Pro 8020 How To Fax
- Connect a telephone cord to the phone wall jack and to the LINE port on the HP OfficeJet Pro printer. If you have an answering machine, you can connect the phone cord to the 2-EXT port and to the rear end of the printer.
- The HP printer software has a Fax Setup Wizard utility (Windows). Run the utility and enter the required details to set up the basic fax settings.
- Once the fax has been set up, load a document on the scanner glass (print-side facing down) or in the Auto Document Feeder (print-side facing up).
- Press the Fax option.
- Touch the Send now option and enter the fax number manually.
- Touch to select the Send button.
HP Officejet Pro 8020 Troubleshooting
The HP OfficeJet Pro 8020 printer goes through some issues over a period of use and to make the printer work again, you have to troubleshoot the issues. Some of the frequent issues you will face with the printer are discussed below with solutions.
HP Officejet Pro 8020 Not Printing
- See if the HP OfficeJet Pro 8020 printer is connected to a working power source.
- If you have configured the printer for wireless printing, make sure it is connected to the Internet.
- Check the ink cartridges if they are installed properly.
- Ensure that there are no pending print jobs in the queue and the printer is online.
- If the printer is connected using a USB cable, remove and reconnect the cable and see if that fixes the problem. Replace the cable if there is physical damage to it.
HP Officejet Pro 8020 Printer Offline
One of the best solutions to bring back the HP printer Online is by making the printer the default one on your computer.
- Open the Control Panel window.
- Click the Devices and Printers option.
- Select the HP printer that appears to be offline.
- Do a right-click and select the Set as default printer option.
- Click the Apple icon on your Mac computer.
- Click the System Preferences option.
- Select either the Print & Scan option or Printers & Scanners option.
- Select the HP printer that is offline from the list of printers on the left section.
- Click the Print tab.
- At the bottom of the same window, click the Default Printer drop-down list and select the HP printer from the list.
HP Officejet Pro 8020 Clean Printhead
You can clean the printhead from the printer control panel.
- Load paper into the HP paper input tray.
- Touch the Settings (Setup) icon.
- Select the Printer Maintenance option.
- Select Clean Printhead .
- Wait for the printhead cleaning to complete (the cleaning will take a couple of minutes).
HP Officejet Pro 8020 Print Quality Issues
An easy solution to improve print quality is by cleaning the printhead.
- Ensure that you have the HP branded cartridges installed.
- Select the appropriate paper settings and paper type to get a good print quality.
- Replace the ink cartridges if they running out of ink.
- Make sure the paper inside the printer are not too glossy.
Align the printhead:
- Make sure there is enough paper inside the printer.
- Select the Printer Maintenance option.
- Select the Align Printhead option and follow the on-screen commands.
If you need remote assistance to perform the HP Officejet Pro 8020 setup, call us.