How To Configure HP Officejet Pro 8020 Printer Setup?
The All-in-One HP OfficeJet Pro 8020 printer is a revolution in the HP brand. The printer operates with a printing speed of 20 pages per minute and has features for amazing productivity. Scroll down this page to know how to configure HP Officejet pro 8020 printer setup.
HP OFFICEJET PRO 8020 UNBOXING SETUP
CONTENTS IN THE BOX:
- The HP OfficeJet Pro 8020 printer
- Phone cord (fax line) and Power cord
- Take the printer from the carton and place it on a flat surface.
- Remove the protective tapes surrounding the printer body; the packaging material on the scanner glass. Remove the paper tray from the printer and take out the packaging material.
- Connect the power cord to the rear end of the printer and to the main power source. Turn on the printer.
- Select the preferred language from the display screen.
- Open the front door of the printer to install the ink cartridges; wait for the print head to stop moving.
- Unpack the ink cartridges from their protective cover and remove the orange protective part from each of the cartridges.
- Open the cover for the ink carriage and place the ink cartridges in the respective slots (Colors in order are Magenta, Cyan, Yellow, Black).
- Close the front door of the printer.
- Remove the paper input tray from the bottom of the HP printer.
- You will find two paper guides; move the guides, one each to the left and right sides.
- Place a stack of paper inside the paper input tray and move the guides so that they align with the paper inside.
- Now, proceed with the software setup while HP Officejet pro 8020 printer setup.
Make sure not to connect the HP printer to the computer already.
Download the HP Smart app from your Windows or Apple Store.
Add the HP OfficeJet Pro 8020 printer to the HP Smart app and follow the on-screen commands.
When the connection screen opens, select a method and complete the software installation.
HP OFFICEJET PRO 8020 DRIVER DOWNLOAD
- Click the Driver Download button on this page, and the download will begin immediately (whether it's Windows OS or Mac OS). The downloaded file will be saved within a minute.
- Here's an alternate method of download. You can also download printer software from the official HP support page.
- Open the official support page for the HP OfficeJet Pro 8020 printer.
- Click the Software, Drivers and Firmware tab.
- Choose the suitable printer driver from the Drivers section and click the Download button. Keep reading this page to get HP Officejet pro 8020 driver setup
HP Smart app:
- If you are using a recent version of Windows or Mac OS, the support page will ask you to install the HP Smart app.
- Scroll down the page and click the Install button.
- The page will be redirected to the App Store (for Mac users) or Microsoft Store (for Windows users).
- Click the Install or Get button.
HP OFFICEJET PRO 8020 DRIVER INSTALL
(for normal drivers)
- Once the driver download is complete, do a double-click on the file to start the installation.
- When the setup screen opens, click the setup option and follow the on-screen commands.
- Download any additional software and complete the installation.
- When you come across the connection screen, select the connection type for the HP Officejet pro 8020 printer setup.
(for HP Smart)
- Run the installation for the HP Smart app.
- Agree to the terms and conditions and wait for the HP Smart app to open.
- Connect the HP OfficeJet Pro 8020 printer to the computer (wireless setup provided below).
- Once the HP Smart app opens, it will automatically detect the connected printer.
- Complete the driver installation.
HP OFFICEJET PRO 8020 WIRELESS SETUP
Before you begin with the wireless setup, make sure that the wireless router is set up and properly working. There are different methods to do the wireless setup. The two easiest ones are Wi-Fi Protected Setup and Wi-Fi Direct (optional). while HP Officejet pro 8020 wireless setup
WI-FI PROTECTED SETUP (method works for wps button-enabled routers)
- Press the Wireless button (control panel).
- Select Settings -> Wireless Settings -> Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
- The wireless setup wizard will now be initiated.
- Within the next 2 minutes, press the WPS button on the router.
The wireless light will start blinking. It will stop once the wireless setup is complete.
Wi-Fi Direct (Optional)
- Tap the Wi-Fi Direct option.
- Touch the Settings option.
- Turn on the Wi-Fi Direct option.
- Select the Connection Method as Automatic.
- For the Automatic option, the mobile device or the computer will be directly connected to the HP OfficeJet Pro 8020 printer.
HP OFFICEJET PRO 8020 WIRED SETUP
The easiest way for the wired setup is by using the HP Smart app.
- Connect a USB cable between the HP OfficeJet Pro 8020 printer and the computer.
- Download and install the HP Smart app (as mentioned earlier on this page).
- Open the HP Smart app once the installation is complete.
- The app will automatically detect the printer. If not, select the + icon or the Add Printer option.
- Follow the prompts on the screen and complete the HP Officejet pro 8020 wired setup.
HP OFFICEJET PRO 8020 HOW TO PRINT
- Make sure that the paper stack is loaded into the printer.
- Open the document in the software on your computer.
- Click the File option and select Print.
- Select the HP OfficeJet Pro 8020 printer from the list.
- Open Printer Properties and make necessary changes.
- Click the Layout tab and choose either Portrait or Landscape layout.
- Click the Print button or the OK button to start printing.
HP OFFICEJET PRO 8020 HOW TO SCAN?
- Keep the original document on the scanner glass with the print-side facing down or in the Auto Document Feeder with the print-side facing up.
- Tap on the Scan option on the HP OfficeJet Pro 8020 printer control panel while HP Officejet pro 8020 printer setup.
- Select the computer from the control panel.
- Tap on the Start Scan button.
HP OFFICEJET PRO 8020 HOW TO COPY?
- Place the original document on the scanner glass or in the document feeder.
- Touch the Copy option on the printer control panel.
- Select the Document option.
- Enter the number of copies using the keypad button.
- Touch Copy.
HP OFFICEJET PRO 8020 HOW TO FAX?
- Connect a telephone cord to the phone wall jack and to the LINE port on the HP OfficeJet Pro printer.
- If you have an answering machine, you can connect the phone cord to the 2-EXT port and to the rear end of the printer.
- The HP printer has a Fax Setup Wizard option (Windows); fill in the information following the on-screen prompts.
- Load the document on the scanner glass (print-side facing down) or in the Auto Document Feeder (print-side facing up).
- Press the Fax option.
- Touch the Send now option and enter the fax number manually after the HP Officejet pro 8020 printer setup.
- Touch to select the Send button.
HP OFFICEJET PRO 8020 TROUBLESHOOTING
The HP OfficeJet Pro 8020 printer goes through some issues over a period of use. Some of the frequent problems you will face with the printer are discussed below with solutions to get HP Officejet pro 8020 troubleshooting setup.
HP OFFICEJET PRO 8020 NOT PRINTING
- See if the HP OfficeJet Pro 8020 printer is connected to a working power source and turned on.
- If you have set the printer for wireless printing, make sure that it is connected to the Internet.
- Check if the ink cartridges are installed correctly.
- Please ensure that there are no pending print jobs in the queue and the printer is online.
- If the HP printer is connected to the computer using a USB cable, remove and reconnect the cable and see if that fixes the problem. Replace the cable if there is physical damage.
- Check the ink cartridges and see if they need to be replaced; use only HP-supported ink cartridges.
HP OFFICEJET PRO 8020 PRINTER OFFLINE
One of the best solutions to bring back the HP OfficeJet Pro 8020 printer from the "Offline" status is to make it the default printer.
- Open the Control Panel window.
- Click the Devices and Printers option.
- Select the HP printer that appears to be offline.
- Do a right-click and select the Set as default printer option.
- Click the Apple icon on your Mac computer.
- Click the System Preferences option.
- Select either the Print & Scan option or the Printers & Scanners option.
- Select the HP printer that is offline from the list of printers on the left section.
- Click the Print tab.
- At the bottom of the same window, click the Default Printer drop-down list and select the HP printer from the list while HP Officejet pro 8020 printer setup.
HP OFFICEJET PRO 8020 CLEAN PRINTHEAD
- You can clean the print head from the HP OfficeJet Pro 8020 printer control panel display.
- Load paper into the HP paper input tray.
- Touch Settings -> Printer Maintenance -> Clean Printhead.
- Wait for the print head cleaning to complete (the cleaning will take a couple of minutes).
HP OFFICEJET PRO 8020 PRINT QUALITY ISSUES
Align the printhead for best results.
- Make sure that the paper is inside the printer.
- Select Settings (gear icon) -> Printer Maintenance -> Align Printhead.
- Follow the prompts and complete the alignment.
Steps to check:
- Ensure that you have the HP branded cartridges installed.
- Select the appropriate paper settings, like the paper type, to get a good print quality.
- Replace the ink cartridges if you feel they are running out of ink.
- Make sure that the papers inside the HP OfficeJet Pro 8020 printer are not too glossy. Finally, finish the HP Officejet pro 8020 printer setup.