HP Officejet 6500 Printing Issues - RESOLVED
HP OfficeJet 6500 is an All-in-One printer with a wide range of functions. Apart from the solid performance and overall print quality, it comes with extra features like ePrint and HP Applications. The glossy black exteriors give a premium feel and upmarket look. The 2.3-inch touchscreen and a few dedicated buttons let the user handle the printer easily. The HP printer lets you print documents via e-mail. The built-in Dreamworks app easily allows you to take 3D printouts. The printer provides so many features. Still, it is a machine and can misbehave at times. In the below segments, we will discuss the various troubleshooting methods that will give the solution for HP OfficeJet 6500 printing issues.
SOME OF THE CAUSES FOR PRINTING ISSUES:
We have given some of the causes of the printing issue.
- Loose wire or USB cable.
- Connection issues.
- Printer sleep mode.
- Paper jam issue.
- Empty paper tray.
- Slow Internet connection.
- Incomplete files.
- Virus attacks.
- Corrupted or outdated printer drivers.
CHECK THE OVERALL CONNECTIONS:
Check whether the cables are not damaged in any way.
Also, check the printer’s display to know if there is an error message like a paper jam or empty ink cartridge.
If your printer displays any error codes, kindly go through them to solve the same.
Restart your printer to clear any error states.
SOLUTION 1 - PERFORM A SIMPLE RESET:
- Turn off your printer.
- Remove the cables from the printer and plug them back in.
- Firmly press and hold the printer’s Power button for about 30 seconds.
- Check whether this simple reset process can solve the printer not printing problem.
SOLUTION 2 - SET THE PRINTER AS A DEFAULT ONE:
- Open Printers & Scanners.
- Ensure that the Let Windows manage my default printer option is not checked.
- Click on your HP printer name from the list.
- Click Manage.
- Under Manage your device, click Set as default.
Continue reading the below steps to fix HP Officejet 6500 printing issues.
SOLUTION 3-REMOVE AND RE-ADD THE PRINTER:
- Click on the Windows Start icon.
- Type - Devices and printers in the search bar.
- Locate your printer name (HP OfficeJet 6500).
- Right-click on your printer icon and click Remove Device.
- Wait for a few minutes and re-add the printer to your computer via a USB cable.
This method will eventually solve the not printing issue. If not, then do check out the following troubleshooting methods.
SOLUTION 4 - UPDATE WINDOWS TO ITS LATEST VERSION:
- Follow this path on your Windows computer: Start button > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.
- Click on the Install Updates option.
- Windows will start updating to the latest OS version available for your PC.
- Once the update is done, check whether the printing issue is fixed.
SOLUTION 5 - CONNECT THE PC TO A TCP/IP PORT:
- Click the Start button.
- Search for Printers & scanners.
- Choose your HP OfficeJet 6500 printer.
- Click the Printer Properties icon.
- Click the Ports tab.
- Click Add Port.
- Select Standard TCP/IP port, and then click New Port.
- Enter the printer’s IP address, and then click Next.
- Now, choose the new standard TCP/IP port from the list, and then click OK.
Once done, check whether the printer is performing like before.
SOLUTION 6 - UNCHECK THE USE PRINTER OFFLINE OPTION:
- Open the Run dialog box.
- Go to the Control Panel window.
- Set view by: Large icons.
- Click on Devices and Printers.
- Click on the printer and uncheck the Use Printer Offline option.
SOLUTION 7 - USE HP PRINT AND SCAN DOCTOR:
The HP Print and Scan Doctor application is used to diagnose and fix printing and scanning issues.
- Download the HP Print and Scan application from the official HP website.
- Follow the prompts and install the same on your PC.
- Open the tool.
- On the welcome screen, click Start to select your HP OfficeJet 6500 printer.
- Run the diagnostic to know the root cause of the printer not printing issue.
These are the troubleshooting methods by which you can solve the HP OfficeJet 6500 printing issues. For further queries, call our team of experts.