How to Setup HP Officejet 6962 Printer?
- Open the printer box and take the printer out of it.
- Keep the printer on a flat surface otherwise, it may not receive enough power supply when connected.
- Remove all tape covering in, around and on the printer.
- Connect the printer with the power cord providing one end to the printer’s rear and the other end into an electrical source of the wall.
- Load the required paper into the input tray and install the ink cartridges into the respective slots.
- Turn on the printer so that it prints the alignment page to confirm the successful installation of ink cartridges.
- In the end, install the printer driver using the software CD in the box and complete the HP Officejet 6962 Printer Setup successfully.
How to Download HP Officejet 6962 Driver?
- Click the Download button below the driver download column.
- The .exe file downloads on a Windows computer and .dmg file on a Mac computer.
- In case you close the browser by mistake, the driver file is available in the Downloads folder of your system.
- If you have installed HP Printer Assistant or Easy Start on your computer previously, click and launch it. Based on the instructions that you receive on the dialog box, complete the download and installation process.
- If you need any assistance while downloading, consult with our technical experts.
Quick Wireless HP Officejet 6962 Setup
By setting up your printer on a wireless network, you can print from multiple devices to your printer.
How to Connect HP Officejet 6962 Printer to Wireless?
- Before the network setup, check if you have a computer connected to a wireless network because the wireless HP Officejet 6962 Setup works only if both your printer and device are on the same network.
- You must provide the network name and password if prompted and so, keep the network details ready.
- If your printer is already connected using a USB cable, remove the connection.
- Keep the router, printer, and computer nearby to avoid signal frequency issues.
- Download the wireless printer driver from our website and follow the instructions that display on the installer to complete the setup.
- Later, add your printer to the network using the + symbol and this ends the process.
Easy HP Officejet 6962 Setup Mobile Printing
Printing from mobile has become an everyday need. To do your job easy, we have provided instructions for a few mobile printing solutions supported by your HP Officejet 6962 printer.
HP Officejet 6962 AirPrint setup
- To HP Officejet 6962 Setup AirPrint on your printer, make sure that you have an iOS device with version 4.2 and higher.
- Ensure that your printer and the iOS device are on the same local network and must support Wi-Fi Direct or HP Wireless Direct.
- Verify whether the printer is turned on and open the document or photo that you wish to print.
- Tap the Share icon and then Print. Choose Select Printer under the Printer options menu and tap your printer name from the list.
- Alter the print settings if any and then tap Print.
HP Officejet 6962 ePrint setup
- As a primary step, obtain the printer’s email address to set up ePrint on your device.
- Let us see how to find out the email address on a printer that contains a touch screen display.
- Check whether the printer has been set up correctly and from its control panel, enable the Web Services.
- Locate the HP ePrint icon, press it and then tap Setup. Activate the web services with the on-screen instructions that display.
- Tap on the Print info option and get the email address from the report that you receive.
- After HP Officejet 6962 Setup ePrint, add your printer to the device and then tap Print.
HP Officejet 6962 Cloud Print Setup
- Turn on your printing machine and the Android device.
- Connect both the printer and device to the same wireless network.
- Install the Cloud Print plugin from Google Play Store and then open the Settings menu in the plugin.
- Type printing in the search field and later tap Printing.
- Now add your printer by tapping the Cloud Print -> main menu icon -> Add Printer.
- Finally, touch OK and confirm the registration on the printer’s control panel too.
- Open a document or image that you wish to print and tap the Menu icon, press Print, choose your printer, modify settings if required, and then tap the Print option.
How to Print from iPhone to HP OfficeJet 6962 Printer?
- First, make sure to connect your iPhone and the HP Officejet 6962 printer to a similar wireless network.
- HP Officejet 6962 Setup AirPrint from the Apple store and launch it on your mobile device.
- Tap the application from where you wish to print the text.
- Touch the Print option and check whether your printer has been added to the mobile device.
- After the printer is added, tap the Print or Share icon that prints the document from your device to the HP Officejet 6962 printer.
HP Officejet 6962 Ink Cartridges
The printer has four cartridge slots with colors Black, Cyan, Magenta and, Yellow. The cartridge numbers are HP 902 Black, 902XL, 906XL and more with the respective color names.
Easy HP Officejet 6962 Ink Cartridge Replacement
- The ink cartridge access door is present under the scanner lid of the HP Officejet 6962 printer.
- Unlock the door by lifting the scanner lid and wait for the carriage unit to move towards the ink cartridge area.
- Hold on until the carriage stops moving and press the front side of the cartridge to release and remove the ink cartridge.
- Take the new cartridge from its package and peel off the protective tape over it.
- Place the HP Officejet 6962 Setup printer cartridge with its contacts facing downward and matches with the dot that appears on the carriage slot.
- Slide in the cartridges into the respective color slots firmly and then close the cartridge access door.
How to Check the Ink Levels on HP OfficeJet 6962 Printer?
- Make sure to turn on your HP Officejet 6962 printer and connected to a network computer.
- Locate the HP Digital Imaging Monitor on your Windows taskbar and double-click on it.
- The moment you click on it, the HP Solution Center launches.
- Click Settings and then the Printer Toolbox on the HP Solution Center window.
- It opens the Printer Toolbox. Find the Estimated Ink levels tab and click on it to view the current level of ink in both the cartridges.
- You can also check the ink level from your printer’s control panel by clicking the Ink icon or the Ink level button on the screen.
HP Officejet 6962 Printhead
A Printhead is a delicate but significant component of a HP Officejet 6962 Setup printer that enables the print functionality. Rarely you will find a printhead being damaged. In that case, you might be required to replace it. For the replacement procedure, go through the following steps.
HP OfficeJet 6962 Printhead Replacement
- Find out the part number of your printhead and order it with the manufacturer either in online or purchase directly.
- To know the part number, type CR322A under Find your Parts in the Search by Part number column.
- Keep plain unused paper in the paper tray and turn on the HP Officejet 6962 printer, if it is not ON previously.
- Open the ink cartridge door and wait for the carriage to align itself. Now, lift the carriage latch handle and grab the sides of the printhead, and then lift it to remove.
- Let the new printhead’s electrical contacts face the printer’s rear and push the printhead into the carriage. It completes the printhead replacement.
HP Officejet 6962 How to Print?
- From your computer, open the application or document where the text part is available.
- Click File present at the top of Menus column of the application.
- Now click on Print from the list of options that appear under the File tab.
- After the Print window opens, select the Print Preferences or Document Properties tab based on what your computer displays.
- Whatever the settings you wish to alter, do it and click on Apply so that the modified settings are changed.
- Get back to the Print window and click on Print again, which prints the print job.
HP Officejet 6962 How to Scan?
Scanning is an easy and quick process from your HP Officejet 6962 Setup printer. You can choose to scan either from the scanner glass or Automatic Document Feeder depending on which feature your printer supports. Follow these steps to scan from your computer.
How to Scan from HP Officejet 6962 Printer to Computer?
- After setting up your printer on a network of your choice or through USB, install the HP Scan Software application.
- Download the full feature driver from the download link provided above, which should give you the HP Scan Software as well if not, get it from the manufacturer’s website.
- Place the scannable document on the scanner glass or ADF whatever that your printer supports.
- If your printer has a Scan button, press it, choose your computer name and the scan job type. Wait until the scan is complete and go to My computer to view the scanned file in the default folder.
HP Officejet 6962 How to Copy?
- Place the document that you intend to copy, on the scanner glass or ADF.
- Tap Copy, Copy Document, or Copy Photo available on the HP Officejet 6962 Setup printer’s control panel screen.
- Change any basic settings if needed.
- Now tap Settings for advanced copy settings. Under the option, you can choose settings such as two-sided copying, ID card copy, Resize or Size, Paper size, Quality and more.
- Press Start to initiate the copy job or tap the Back symbol and then press Start Black, Start Color, or OK.
HP Officejet 6962 How to Fax?
- First, keep the recipient informed about the fax.
- If your printer has only a scanner glass, then place the faxable document facing down on the glass.
- If it is an ADF that you are using to fax, then align the document as per the engraved guides.
- Load a plain A4 paper for fax reports printed if any.
- Dial the fax number along with the area code from your printer and press the Color, Black, or Send button to send it.
- Confirm that the fax is sent after you hear a high pitch sound on your receiver.
HP Officejet 6962 Troubleshooting
Every printer may encounter some issue at one point of prolonged usage. Likewise, your HP Officejet 6962 Setup printer also can put you into trouble. To overcome such problems, our experts have researched a few commonly occurring queries and have provided solutions for the same below. Follow them and fix your printer instantly.
Why HP Officejet 6962 Not Copying?
- If your printer does not copy, first restart it and try to make a copy again.
- Make use of the diagnostic tool HP Print and Scan Doctor to auto-fix the copier issue if any with your printer.
- Sometimes, if you have connected your printer to a surge protector unknowingly, it might also cause the problem.
- Try to connect your printing machine directly to a wall outlet and check if you can copy.
Why Won’t HP Officejet 6962 Printer Print?
- Before you follow these solutions, check the quality of the photocopy obtained from your printer.
- Also, verify if there are any recent changes made in your hardware/software so that it does not lead to the printing issue.
- If you have tried running the Print and Scan Doctor tool and changed the cartridges to the genuine one and still if the problem persists, try the upcoming solutions.
- Reload the HP Officejet 6962 Setup printer driver by removing the current one only if you are a Windows user.
why HP Officejet 6962 Not Printing in Color Ink?
- Remove the cable from the printer when it is powered up.
- If you have connected any other cable to the printer, remove it.
- Press the HP Officejet 6962 printer’s Power button and hold it at least for 15 seconds.
- Make sure to connect the printer back only to the wall outlet using the power cable.
- After plugging back, the printer should turn on by itself. If not turning on, do it manually.
Solve HP Officejet 6962 Printhead Problem
- If there is a problem with your printer’s printhead, it displays a message such as a Printhead problem, Ink system failure, or an OX error code.
- To rectify such errors, check if the current ink cartridges are original.
- If you use refilled ink cartridges, initially, it may not show you the defect in the print quality. But after few days of usage, it may compromise on the quality of the output.
- Resetting the HP Officejet 6962 Setup printer can be another best option. Remove and reinstall the ink cartridges to check if the issue is rectified.