Quick Wireless HP Officejet 5255 Setup
HP OfficeJet 5255 is a wireless printer that can be connected to a wireless network through the HP Wireless Direct, HP Auto Wireless Connect, built-in Wi-Fi feature, and the Bluetooth function.
How to Connect HP Officejet 5255 Printer to a Wireless?
- Make sure to install the network drivers before proceeding further.
- Detach the USB cable from the printer if connected already.
- Turn on your router that is connected to a network source.
- Check the internet connection status and signal strength.
- Turn on the Wireless feature on the printer.
- Wait for a while and the printer displays a list of available networks.
- Tap the desired network with which you want to associate the printer.
- Enable the Wi-Fi option on your computer or laptop.
- Make sure to link it to the same network to which the HP Officejet 5255 Setup printer is connected.
- Choose a document or photo to print and start printing wirelessly.
HP Officejet 5255 Mobile Printing
The HP OfficeJet 5255 embeds dynamic mobile printing functionality. It supports Android, iOS, and HP Wireless Direct.
Easy Cloud Print HP Officejet 5255 Setup
- Bridge the Chromebook with a router connected to a network hub.
- Link your printer to the same router as your Chromebook.
- Launch a browser on the Chromebook and log in using your Gmail account.
- Type chrome://devices in the search bar and press the Enter key.
- Google Cloud Print auto-detects the device that is connected to the network.
- Double-click the New Devices menu and select the Register option.
- Click Manage to see the list of printers associated with Google Cloud Print.
- Confirm the registration on your printer’s control panel by proceeding with the instructions on the screen.
HP Officejet 5255 Ink catridges
- HP 63 Black Ink Cartridge & HP 63 Tricolor Ink Cartridge.
- HP 63XL Black Ink Cartridge & HP 63XL Tricolor Ink Cartridge.
- HP 932XL Black Ink Cartridge & HP 932XL Tricolor Ink Cartridge.
- HP 951XL Black Ink Cartridge & HP 951XL Tricolor Ink Cartridge.
HP Officejet 5255 Ink Cartridge Replacement
- Purchase a new set of HP Officejet 5255 Setup printer ink cartridges from the manufacturer.
- Ensure that there are no leaks on the ink cartridges.
- Release the cartridge access door and wait until the carriage turns idle.
- Raise the ink lids and take the old ink cartridges out.
- Pack them in a cover and send to the manufacturer for recycling.
- Take the new cartridges and remove the peel-off tabs.
- Put the ink cartridges into the respective ink slots.
- Lower the lids and close the cartridge access door.
HP Officejet 5255 How to Print?
- Load appropriate papers in the printer’s paper input tray.
- Link the printer and the computer through a network or USB hub.
- Open the file that you want to print on your laptop.
- Tap the Ctrl key and then the P key on your keyboard.
- Or. click the Print option under the File menu
- A preview of the file displays. Click OK and then Print.
- Do not shut down the HP Officejet 5255 Setup printer or the laptop until the printing completes.
- Check the output tray for the printed document.
How to Print Double Side on HP Officejet 5255 Printer?
- The printer supports double-sided printing.
- The user can print on both sides with the duplex printing option.
- Open the document or photo to be printed on the computer you use.
- Tap Ctrl and P together. Pick your printer model from the on-screen list.
- Expand the Printing Properties or Print Settings tab.
- Select the option titled Duplex Printing or Two-sided Printing.
- A sub-menu pops up with two options - Flip On Long Edge & Flip On Short Edge.
- Select an option, click Apply, and then Print.
HP Officejet 5255 How to Scan?
- Tap the Wi-Fi icon on the OfficeJet 5255 printer’s access panel.
- Bridge the printer’s Wi-Fi with a network source.
- Link the laptop that you use to the same wireless network.
- Load the scanner glass with the doc to be scanned.
- On the HP Officejet 5255 Setup printer’s access panel, tap the scan icon.
- After the scan completes, the scanned doc appears on the laptop’s screen.
- Click Save at the bottom to download and save the file.
HP Officejet 5255 How to Copy?
- Link your printer and laptop over a wireless network source.
- Pull the input tray and load A4 sheets or photo papers into it.
- Elevate the scanner lid upwards and place an original document.
- Make sure to remove the previously loaded papers.
- Place the document with the print side facing down.
- Press the Start Copy Black button to generate black copies
- Use the Start Copy Color button to make color copies.
- Check the output tray for the result produced.
HP Officejet 5255 How to Fax?
- On your laptop, load the doc that you want to fax.
- Make sure not to use the telephone (for calling) while faxing.
- Type the receiver’s fax or telephone number on the HP Officejet 5255 Setup printer’s display-key panel.
- Tap the Black, Color, or Send icon on the printer’s access panel.
- If you hear a busy sound, then the receiver’s telephone line might be busy.
- Halt for few seconds and then try again or ask the receiver to terminate the call.
- After the fax sends, a test report prints from your printer.
- Tap the Cancel icon to terminate the fax process at any time.
How to Factory Reset HP Officejet 5255 Printer?
Disconnect the printer from power and network sources. Wait for a few seconds and then reestablish the connections.
- Take a backup of the information on your printer.
- Go to the Resets menu on your HP OfficeJet 5255 printer.
- Select the Recovery Manager or Device manager tab.
- Touch the Factory Reset option on the upcoming screen.
- The printer displays a warning message stating Are you sure? Yes, No, or Cancel.
- Tap Yes and the printer displays three types of the factory reset process.
- Touch each option to know about their actions and then choose one.
- Proceed with the on-screen directions to complete the factory reset process.
HP Officejet 5255 Troubleshooting
The HP Officejet 5255 Setup printer encounters slight issues and malfunctions due to mishandling of the device. The issues can be easily overcome with the troubleshooting steps provided on this site. The information provided below is a set of measures to be undertaken to troubleshoot various printer queries.
Why HP Officejet 5255 Printer Offline?
- Get the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool on your Windows device.
- Locate the HPPSdr.exe file and install the same.
- Click the Start icon on the utility tool’s Welcome page.
- A list of printers displays on the screen.
- Select the printer for which you have to troubleshoot.
- Continue with the on-screen guidelines and resolve the connection problems.
- Click Fix Printing and wait until the utility tool resolves the issue.
why is HP Officejet 5255 Not Printing Black & Color Ink?
- Shut off the printer and wait until the printer turns inactive.
- Detach the printer’s power cord from the power outlet.
- Disable the network or USB HP Officejet 5255 Setup established on the printer.
- Power off and power on your internet router or modem (the one you use).
- Activate the printer and tap the Wi-Fi icon on its access panel.
- Wait for a while and the printer connects to your network.
- Initiate a print job and check if the issue is rectified.
How to Clear HP Officejet 5255 Paper Jam?
- Terminate all the print jobs currently occurring on the printer.
- Deactivate the printer’s power and network/USB connections.
- Tap the Cancel/Stop icon on the printer for fifteen seconds.
- Wait for a while and the papers start to roll out from inside of the printer.
- Check if the issue is resolved, else, manually remove the jammed papers.
- Remove the papers from the jammed area and clear the bits of torn paper pieces.
- Reload the input tray, print a test copy, and check if the issue is rectified.
Why HP Officejet 5255 Won't Scan?
- Get the HP Scan Extended software on your laptop.
- Double-click the software and select the Allow Once Option.
- Click Yes on the pop-up window and wait until the software installs.
- Go to the Start menu and then navigate to the All Programs menu.
- Select HP > HP Scan Extended > Run “HP Scan Extended”.
- Click the + sign to expand the Scan tab on the upcoming screen.
- Customize the HP Officejet 5255 Setup printer scan settings and then quit the menu.