HP Laserjet Pro M227FDW Setup Troubleshooting Guidance
For issues relating to scanning, internal errors, and memory errors, read the instructions given in the topics below. You can troubleshoot these issues and resolve them quickly.
HP Laserjet Pro MFP M227FDW won't Scan Issue
- Perform a hard reset on the M227FDW printer.
- Power on the HP Laserjet Pro M227FDW setup.
- After the printer has initialized, detach the power cable from the machine’s rear Power port.
- Detach it from the wall electrical outlet as well.
- After a minute, reattach the power cable to the M227FDW printer’s Power port.
- If you use a surge protector, set it aside and connect the M227FDW machine’s power cable directly to the wall outlet.
- If the HP machine does not get switched on automatically, press the Power button.
- Check whether the scanning issue gets resolved after the printer initializes.
- Go to the HP M227FDW machine’s control panel and press the Web Services button.
- Tap Settings --> Remove web services.
- Return to the Web services menu and configure it again.
- After reconfiguring web services, check whether the scanning issue is resolved.
- Ensure that your firewall or antivirus application is not blocking the HP Scan application.
Guide: HP Laserjet Pro MFP M227FDW Factory Reset
- Power off the MFP M227FDW printer.
- Wait until the MFP machine is powered off completely.
- Power on the Laserjet Pro MFP printer.
- When the M227FDW printer starts booting press and hold the bottom-right section of the touchscreen.
- After the booting animation is complete, a message stating that ‘Permanent storage init.’ is displayed.
- Now, you can let go.
- Then, the ‘Initializing’ message appears on the screen.
- The HP Laserjet Pro M227FDW setup has been successfully reset.
Solution: HP Laserjet Pro MFP M227FDW Supply Memory Error
The HP supply memory error appears when the toner cartridge is not recognized by the printer.
This supply memory error can be caused by a toner cartridge e-label issue.It can also be caused by a cartridge that is not in contact with the printer. (Because it was incorrectly installed)
Toner Cartridge Reinstallation
- Raise the M227FDW printer’s toner cartridge access door.
- Take the toner cartridge out of the printer.
- Carefully reinstall the cartridge inside the M227FDW machine.
- Ease the cartridge into its slot until you hear a click.
- Now, power on the HP Laserjet Pro M227FDW setup and check whether the supply memory error is cleared.
Replacing the Cartridges
- Open the M227FDW machine's cartridge access door and remove the cartridge.
- If an incompatible toner cartridge is used, it might cause this error.
- Unpack a new HP toner cartridge and install it in the printer after removing the sealing tape.
- (Break open the tab and pull it to remove the seal from the cartridge.)
- After installing the new compatible HP toner cartridge in the printer, power the MFP machine on.
- Check whether the supply memory error is cleared.
Inspecting the Toner Cartridges
In some cases, dust, debris, or even protective packaging materials stuck to the cartridge prevents it from being recognized by the MFP M227FDW.
Take the cartridge out, peel off the tapes, remove the packing material and then install it in the printer.
Updating the Firmware
- Download the MFP M227FDW firmware updater from the manufacturer’s site and install it on your computer. Run the MFP M227FDW firmware updater as an administrator and install the latest firmware for your MFP machine.
- This is because the firmware on the M227FDW might be out of date, and the printer might not recognize the microchip on the toner cartridge.
- If the error persists, detach the power cable from the HP Laserjet Pro M227FDW setup and power outlet. Reattach the power cable to the MFP machine and the wall outlet after half a minute. If the MFP M227FDW machine does not get powered on automatically, press the Power button and wait until the machine initializes. The supply memory error should now be resolved