HP Laserjet MFP M636fh Setup
HP MFP M636FH is a Laserjet Enterprise printer that supports various printer functions, including faxing, scanning, copying, and printing.
Here are the easy steps to perform the initial HP Laserjet MFP M636fh setup.
Unpacking the Printer:
- Unpack the HP Laserjet MFP M636FH printer and take out the essential components from the box.
- Clear all the packing materials, including the shipping tape from the outside as well as the inside of the printer.
Installing the Toner Cartridge:
- Lower the printer’s cartridge door by pressing the release button.
- Draw out the cartridge drawer, unpack a new toner cartridge, and place it in the slot correctly.
- Close the HP Laserjet MFP M636FH printer’s cartridge door properly.
Loading Paper in the Tray:
- Pull the input tray out from the HP printer.
- Check if any packing materials, shipping lock, and tapes are present inside the paper tray. If so, remove them.
- Press the blue adjustment latch to extend the width and length guides.
- Fan a stack of paper and place them in the paper tray.
- Align the width and length guides as per the dimension of the paper.
- Close the HP Laserjet MFP M636FH printer’s tray.
Connecting a Power Cable:
- Establish a connection between the HP Laserjet MFP M636fh setup and an AC outlet using a power cable.
- Press the Power button on the front panel. This will turn on the HP Laserjet MFP M636FH printer.
- Specify the language, date/time format, and the time zone.
Enabling the USB Port:
- By default, the USB port is disabled. Enable it by performing the steps mentioned below.
- Go to the HP printer’s home screen, tap the Settings option, and select the General option.
- Tap the Enable Device USB option followed by the Enable option.
Printer Software Installation:
- Install the HP Laserjet MFP M636FH printer software on your computer.
- When prompted, establish a connection between the HP printer and the computer using a USB cable.
- To verify the printer functions, you have to print the Configuration/Status page on the HP printer.
- If needed, update the HP printer firmware to the recent version.
HP Laserjet Mfp M636fh Toner Replacement Guide
Here are the quick instructions to perform the toner replacement on the HP Laserjet MFP M636fh setup.
- Hold the release button to open the cartridge access door of the HP Laserjet MFP M636FH printer.
- Pull the cartridge drawer towards you, take out a new toner cartridge from the packing material, and shake it for 5-6 times.
- Remove the shipping cover from the toner cartridge, insert the cartridge in the slot, and push the cartridge drawer in the HP Laserjet MFP M636FH printer.
HP Laserjet Mfp M636fh Wireless Setup
To know how to set up HP Laserjet MFP M636FH printer for Wi-Fi Direct connection, refer to the step-by-step guidelines given below.
Enabling the Wi-Fi Direct feature on the printer:
- Navigate to the Settings menu on the home screen of the HP Laserjet MFP M636fh setup.
- Select Networking -> Wi-Fi Direct -> Status ->On ->OK.
- This will enable Wi-Fi Direct on the HP Laserjet MFP M636FH printer.
Changing the Wi-Fi Direct name:
- On the printer’s home screen, tap the Settings menu followed by the Networking option and select the Wi-Fi Direct option followed by the Wi-Fi Direct Name option.
- Enter a new Wi-Fi Direct name using the keypad and select the OK option.
Connecting printer and computer via Wi-Fi Direct.
- Now, go to your computer and click the Network icon.
- From the list of networks displayed, select the printer’s network with the word ‘Wi-Fi Direct’ mentioned in it.
- Now, the printer will display an eight-digit password, note it down and enter it no your computer.
- The printer and your computer are connected wirelessly now.
HP Laserjet MFP M636fh Scanner Driver
- On your computer, launch a web browser and visit the manufacturer website (official HP web page).
- Type the HP Laserjet MFP M636FH printer in the search field and click the search icon.
- Once a new web page appears on the screen, click the Software, Driver, and Firmware tab.
- Check if the detected OS matches the Operating System of your computer. If not, change it by clicking the Choose a different OS link.
- Search for the recommended driver and download it by clicking the Download link.
- Full Software Solution is the recommended driver as it contains all the features and functions of the HP Laserjet MFP M636FH printer.
- Install the downloaded printer file by performing the on-screen prompts.
HP Laserjet MFP M636fh Scan Setup
The quick instructions to perform the Scan to Email setup on the HP Laserjet MFP M636FH printer are mentioned here.
Accessing the HP Embedded Web Server page:
- Make sure the HP Laserjet MFP M636fh setup is connected to an active internet.
- To find the IP address of the HP Laserjet MFP M636FH printer, select the Information icon followed by the Network icon on the control panel.
- On your computer, open the default web browser, type the HP printer’s IP address in the address bar, and press Enter.
- This will open the Embedded Web Server page on the screen.
Network identification settings:
- Click the Networking tab at the top-right end of the screen and select the TCP/IP Settings option on the left panel.
- If prompted, enter a username or password.
- Navigate to the Network Identification tab, check for the details in the TCP/IP Domain Suffix section, and click the Apply option followed by the OK option.
Configuring the Scan to Email feature - Using the Email Setup Wizard
You can configure this feature in two ways;
- using the Email Setup Wizard
- using the Email Setup.
- Click the Scan/Digital Send tab at the top of the screen and then select the ‘Email and Scan to Network Folder Quick Setup Wizards’ option on the left panel.
- Click the Email Setup link on the main panel.
- The Configure Email Servers (SMTP) dialog box will appear on the screen.
- Select the ‘Use a server already in use by another function’ option and click the Next button.
- Select the ‘Search the network for outgoing email server’ option and click the Next option.
- Choose your server from the Configure Email Server (SMTP) drop-down menu.
- Choose the ‘Server does not require authentication’ or ‘Server requires authentication’ option.
- Enter the correct port number and select Done.
- You can now scan and email the scanned image directly from your HP Laserjet MFP M636fh setup
HP Laserjet MFP M636fh Firmware Download
- Quick steps to download the HP Laserjet MFP M636FH printer firmware are mentioned here.
- Open a web browser on your computer connected to the printer and having access to the Internet.
- Launch the official HP web page, search for the HP Laserjet MFP M636FH printer, and click the Software, Driver, and Firmware tab.
- Navigate to the Firmware section and click the Download link below the firmware file.
- This will download the firmware of the HP Laserjet MFP M636fh setup on the computer.
HP Laserjet MFP M636fh Fax Setup
- On the HP printer’s home screen, tap the Settings icon and select the Fax option followed by the Internal Fax Modem Setup option.
- Choose the location from the displayed list and select the Next option.
- Fill the Company Name and Fax Number field and select the Next option.
- Check if the date/time settings are correct. If not, change them and select the Next option.
- If required, fill the Dialing Prefix field using the keypad.
- Review the details and select the Finish option.
HP Laserjet MFP M636fh Setup Troubleshooting Guidance
The problems that frequently occur on the HP Laserjet MFP M636FH printer are printer status offline, paper jam, print quality issues, poor connectivity, etc.
The solution to resolve the offline and paper jam problems are provided below. Also, the steps to reset the HP printer are given.
You can also contact our technical experts for remote assistance in resolving any HP Laserjet MFP M636FH printer issues.
HP Laserjet MFP M636fh Offline Solution
- Check if the HP Laserjet MFP M636FH printer is turned on.
- Launch the Control Panel window on your computer and then click the View Devices and Printers option followed by the Devices and Printers option.
- Search for the HP MFP M636FH printer, right-click it, and choose the See What’s Printing option.
- Navigate to the Printer tab, remove the checkmark next to the Pause Printing and Use Printer Offline options.
- Select the checkbox beside the Set as Default Printer option.
- Now, restart the printer. This should solve the issue.
HP Laserjet MFP M636fh Paper Jam Error
Paper jam in the document feeder
- Raise the HP printer’s document feeder and then open the document cover.
- Clear the jammed paper and close the document cover followed by the document feeder of the HP Laserjet MFP M636FH printer.
Paper jam in the input tray
- Remove the tray from the HP printer.
- Take the jammed paper out and clear any torn pieces of paper.
- Reinsert the input tray.
- Check and clear any jammed paper bits in the fuser unit.
- Now, print a test page to verify whether the jams are cleared.
HP Laserjet MFP M636fh Reset Guidance
Procedure 1 - Reset from the control panel
- Tap the Settings icon and then select General -> Reset Factory Settings -> Reset.
- A verification message will appear on the control panel of the printer.
- Once you select the Reset option, the printer will be reset to the factory defaults.
Procedure 2 - Reset from the HP Embedded Web Server
- Get the IP address of the HP Laserjet MFP M636fh setup. Select the Information icon followed by the Network icon. From the page that prints, not the printer’s IP address.
- Launch the computer’s web browser, type the printer’s IP address, and press the Enter key.
- When the Embedded Web Server page opens, click the General tab and select the Reset Factory Settings option followed by the Reset option.