HP Laserjet MFP M635z Setup Guidance
When you purchase the printer, the first and foremost task to do is to set up the printer physically. Read the below steps to do HP Laserjet MFP M635z setup.
Step-1: Unbox the Printer
- Take the printer from the carton box and place it carefully.
- Check for the other printer accessories inside the box and keep them safe.
- Remove all the packaging tapes and covers from the printer.
- Next, press the cartridge access door release button to open the door.
- Take off the protective materials from inside the printer, take out the cartridge drawer, and remove the protective materials.
- After that, replace the cartridge drawer inside the printer.
Step-2: Install the Toner Cartridge
- Unpack the new toner cartridge, hold it by the ends and gently shake it before you install.
- Now, remove the protective cover from the cartridge and place it in the cartridge drawer.
- Close the cartridge drawer and then the cartridge access door.
Step-3: Feed Paper
- Draw out the paper tray-2 from the printer and take off all the protective tapes and objects from it.
- Move the paper guides to the end of the tray and arrange the paper before placing it on the paper tray.
- Place the paper in the tray and see that the paper level is below the maximum indicator mark.
- Next, adjust the paper guides to fit the paper edges, but do not make it tight such that the paper cripples or bends.
- After that, close the paper tray.
Step-4: Stabilize the Printer Position
- Align the printer wheels with the edges of the board and then put the wheel cover over the wheels.
- Loosen the screw of the stabilizing feet and make the feet touch the ground in a secure position.
- Pull the 3 x 500 sheet feeder tray outwards, shift the tray lock located at the back of the tray in the clockwise direction to lock the feeder in a position.
Step-5: Connect the Network Cable and Fax Cable
- If you wish to use the printer to send and receive the fax, then perform this step. Else you can skip and move to the next step.
- Connect an Ethernet cable from the router to the HP Laserjet MFP M635z setup. This is required to set up the printer over a wired network.
- For Fax setup, attach the telephone line cord between the printer and telephone wall jack.
Step-6: Power Connection
- Use the power cord provided along with the printer to connect the printer supply port and the electrical wall outlet.
- Following that, on the printer control panel, press the power button to turn it on.
- When the printer’s display panel turns on, configure the basic printer settings.
Step-7: Software Installation
- Once the physical setup is completed, proceed to install the printer software on the computer.
- The printer software helps to manage and control the printer operations from the computer.