HP SMART TANK 7301 SETUP
Having an HP Smart Tank 7301 printer, you can do wonders. You will never run out of ink as it has ink tanks. If you have a new HP Smart Tank printer and are looking forward to setting it up in your workplace, this article might help you work better. Keep reading this page to know how to configure HP smart tank 7301 setup easily.
HP SMART TANK 7301 UNBOXING SETUP
Welcome to the show of unboxing a new HP Smart Tank 7301 printer. Watch and read closely to see how unboxing is done.
Let’s get into unboxing the printer:
- Position the HP printer on a flat surface and unpack it first.
- Remove the protective tapes and covers from the printer.
- Connect your printer to an electrical outlet using the provided power cord.
- Turn on the printer and wait until it becomes silent.
- Set your language, date, and time on the printer control panel.
Let’s add the printer to the HP Smart app:
- On your computer, download the HP Smart app.
- Run the downloaded app.
- Click Next on the welcome screen of the HP Smart app.
- Connect your printer and PC using a standard USB cable.
- If the HP Smart app prompts you to sign in to your HP account, enter the login credentials.
- In case you don’t have an HP account, create a new one.
- Click the Add icon and select Set Up a New Printer.
- Carry out the on-screen instructions and add the printer to the HP Smart app while HP smart tank 7301 setup.
Let’s fill the ink tanks:
- Lift the ink access door and open the ink tank covers.
- Open the ink tank cap you want to fill.
- Open the ink bottle that matches the color of the ink tank.
- Insert the ink bottle into the tank nozzle and wait until the tank is full.
- Repeat the above steps to fill the rest of the ink tanks.
- Close the ink tank cap and covers.
- Close the ink access door and wait until the ink purging and calibration are completed.
Let’s install the printheads:
- Open the ink access door and wait for the carriage to move to the center.
- Press the blue button to open the printhead cover.
- Remove the packing materials inside the carriage.
- Unpack the printheads and insert them into the carriage.
- The color printhead should be fixed into the left-side of the carriage and the black should go into the right-side slot.
- Close the printhead cover and the ink access door while HP smart tank 7301 setup.
Let’s feed the printer with some plain paper:
- Open the paper input tray.
- Press and hold the blue button on one of the paper guides.
- Slide apart the paper guides to the edges of the input tray.
- Fan a paper stack and insert it into the tray.
- Adjust the paper stack with the paper guides.
- Close the paper input tray.
- Pull out the output tray extender and align the printheads.
Now, you have completed the basic setup for your HP Smart Tank 7301 printer.
HP SMART TANK 7301 DRIVER DOWNLOAD
Are you looking forward to installing the printer driver without a CD? Then, get the driver for your HP Smart Tank 7301 printer by clicking the Driver Download button on this page. Alternatively, you can get the driver from the official HP site by following the steps given below.
- To begin with, open the default browser on your computer.
- Verify if the Internet connection is stable.
- Go to the official HP site and enter your printer’s model number in the search field.
- Select your printer model from the search result.
- Click the Software, Drivers and Firmware tab from the left-side panel.
- Wait until your OS version is detected automatically.
- Choose the required driver from the available list and click Download.
- Once the download is completed, go to the Downloads section of your browser and run the setup file to begin the installation.
HP SMART TANK 7301 DRIVER INSTALL
Installing the HP Easy Start software:
- First, download the HP Easy Start software from the official HP site.
- Run the downloaded file to start the driver installation.
- On Windows, click Yes if the device prompts for User Account Control.
- On Mac, enter the administrator password in the required field and click Continue.
- When the HP Easy Start wizard launches, connect your printer and computer using a standard USB cable.
- Accept the license agreements and click Continue.
- On the Printer found screen, check if your printer is listed as the detected device.
- If your printer is not detected, click the My Printer is Not Shown button and carry out the on-screen prompts.
- Once your printer is added to the HP Easy Start software, install the required software by selecting them in the driver installation wizard.
- After completing the driver installation, check if you can access your printer from the computer.
HP SMART TANK 7301 WIRELESS SETUP
Wireless setup using the WPS Push Button method:
- Turn on your printer.
- Ensure that your printer is placed closer to your router.
- On the printer control panel, press the Wi-Fi button. Keep holding the button for at least 3 seconds.
- Within two minutes, go to your router and press the WPS button.
- Wait for the printer to get connected to your wireless network.
- Once the connection is made, print a network configuration report on HP smart tank 7301 setup.
Connecting your printer and computer over Wi-Fi:
- First, connect your PC to the same wireless network as your printer.
- Download and run the HP Smart app.
- Click the plus icon and choose the option to add a new printer.
- Carry out the on-screen instructions to add your wireless printer to the app.
- If prompted, create an HP account and register the printer.
- In case you are asked to choose your connection type, select the Wireless option.
- Once your printer is added, print a test page to verify the wireless setup.
HP SMART TANK 7301 USB SETUP
- Before starting the USB setup, make sure that you have a standard USB cable handy.
- Disconnect the cable between your printer and computer, if any.
- Verify if you have completed the basic printer setup.
- On your computer, run the HP Easy Start software.
- Agree to the EULA and connect the USB cable between your printer and computer.
- On the Printer found screen, check if your printer is detected.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and complete the USB setup.
HP SMART TANK 7301 PRINT SETUP
- Start by loading a paper stack into the paper input tray.
- Turn your printer on and then connect it to your PC.
- Ensure that you have installed the printer software on your computer.
- Open the document you want to print.
- Press the shortcut keys Ctrl + P to open the Print dialog box and select your printer’s name from the drop-down menu.
- Click on Properties or Preferences to open the printer properties window.
- Specify the required print settings and click OK.
- Finally, click Print to verify the HP smart tank 7301 setup.
HP SMART TANK 7301 COPY SETUP
- To make copies, open the scanner glass and place the original document.
- Next, load the paper input tray with some plain paper.
- Turn on your printer and go to its control panel.
- Press the Black Copy or Color Copy button to start copying your document.
- For more copies, press the Copy button as many times as you want.
HP SMART TANK 7301 SCAN SETUP
Using the HP printer software:
- To begin with, turn on your printer and place the original document on the scanner glass.
- Next, connect your printer and computer via a USB cable or over a wireless network.
- On your computer, open the HP printer software.
- Click on Scan –> Scan a Document or Photo.
- Choose the required scan type and click Scan.
- For advanced scan settings, click the More link at the top of the Scan dialog box.
- If you need to make adjustments to the scanned image in the preview screen, select the Show Viewer After Scan checkbox.
Now, you have seen how to scan your document from the HP Smart Tank 7301 printer to your computer.
HP SMART TANK 7301 TROUBLESHOOTING
Are you stuck while printing or scanning on your HP Smart Tank 7301 printer? Here’s the thing. Whenever an error occurs on your printer, troubleshooting will be the best option to overcome the issue. To learn printer troubleshooting in detail, go through the information given on this page to get HP smart tank 7301 setup.
HP SMART TANK 7301 OFFLINE
Is your printer status offline on your Windows computer? Learn how to get it back online with the troubleshooting steps given below.
- At first, you should check if your printer is turned on.
- Fix the power issues, if any.
- Restart your printer and then reconnect it to your computer.
- Check if the status changes to online.
- If the problem persists, navigate to Control Panel and click the Devices and Printers tab.
- Give a right-click on your printer’s icon and select the See what’s printing option.
- Cancel the pending print jobs, if any.
- Click the Printer tab and deselect the Use Printer Offline option.
- If you haven’t set your printer as default on your computer, right-click the printer icon and then select the Set as default printer option.
Now, the printer status should be changed to online.
HP SMART TANK 7301 IS NOT PRINTING
If your HP Smart Tank 7301 printer is not printing your documents, you might be wondering why it is acting this way and what is the actual cause behind the printing issue. Here, we have discussed the troubleshooting steps for printing issues that can happen due to several factors.
- The first thing you should consider is the power supply.
- Ensure that your printer is turned on and is stable.
- Next, check if the connection between your printer and computer is stable.
- Verify if your printer is loaded with enough paper.
- On your computer, check the print settings and the installed printer software.
- If necessary, run the HP Print and Scan Doctor diagnostic tool to fix the printing issues automatically.
- If the problem remains unsolved, reinstall the printer software.
HP SMART TANK 7301 PAPER JAM
- Is your HP Smart Tank 7301 printer showing the Paper Jam error? If yes, turn off your printer immediately.
- Try to restart your printer and check if it is a false error.
- If the error reappears, stop the printing job.
- Power off your printer and open the front door.
- Remove the jammed paper from your printer.
- Remove and reload the paper into the paper input tray.
- Restart your printer and check if the problem is resolved.
How can you avoid the Paper Jam error in the future?
- Always use printer-supported media for printing.
- Make sure not to load paper more than the specified limit.
- Fan the paper stack before you insert it into the tray.
- Remember not to adjust the paper stack tightly with the paper guides. Finally, get HP smart tank 7301 setup.