Hp Envy 5055 Printing Issues
Printing issues are common in modern printers. Although they can be resolved, it might be annoying in the meantime. If your HP Envy 5055 is having printing issues regularly, you need to identify the actual cause of the issue to bring your printer back to normal. Go through the troubleshooting steps given below to solve the printing issues hassle-free.
Solution 1: Check the printer connection
- Firstly, check if your printer is turned on.
- Make sure that you have a stable power supply.
- If necessary, connect your printer to a different wall outlet.
- Next, check if the USB cable is firmly connected at both end ports.
- Make sure you use a standard USB cable.
- In case you have connected your printer and computer over a wireless network, check the wireless connection status.
- If the connection error persists, download and install the HP Print and Scan Doctor diagnostic tool on your computer.
- In the diagnostic tool, choose your printer’s name and click Fix Printing.
This should fix the HP Envy 5055 printing issues.
Solution 2: Check the printer status
- If your printer is not printing any documents even though the connection is good, go to your Windows computer and open the Control Panel.
- Click the Devices and Printers tab and locate your printer’s icon.
- Give a right-click on your printer icon and select the See what’s printing option.
- Cancel the pending print jobs, if any.
- Click the Printer tab and check if the Use Printer Offline option is selected. If so, deselect the option to bring your printer status online.
- Next, set your printer as default on your computer if you have not done it yet.
- Before you reprint your document, check if your printer’s paper input tray is loaded with enough paper.
- Verify the paper settings on the printer control panel.
- If necessary, remove the paper stack from the paper tray. Fan the paper stack well and then reinsert it into the tray.
- Try to print your document and check if the HP Envy 5055 printing issues are resolved.
- If the problem remains unsolved, implement the next solution.
Solution 3: Check the print settings
- Open the Print dialog box.
- Ensure that your printer’s name is selected from the drop-down menu.
- Click on Preferences or Properties.
- Check the print settings in the dialog box that appears.
- Modify the required settings and click OK.
- Finally, click the Print button in the Print dialog box and check if the printing issue is resolved.
Solution 4: Reinstall the HP printer software
This method is suggested when no troubleshooting steps resolve the HP Envy 5055 printing issues.
- To begin with, open the Control Panel on your Windows computer.
- Click on Uninstall a program below Programs.
- Locate and select the HP printer software from the list of installed apps on your computer.
- Click the Uninstall button next to Organize to remove the software.
- Restart your computer and get the latest software for your HP Envy 5055 printer from the official HP site.
- Run the installation and carry out the on-screen instructions.
- After installing the printer driver, print a test page to check if the printing issue is resolved.