HP Envy 5020 Troubleshooting
Most of the printers tend to malfunction due to network connectivity, paper jam, or improper installation of drivers. For users’ reference, we have listed a few common issues encountered by the HP Envy 5020 Setup printer along with the solutions. If your printer is not listed, contact our technical experts via chat or click on the Click to Call button to receive a response.
HP Envy 5020 Not Printing
- Your HP Envy 5020 printer may not print if there is a connectivity issue with the network that you have.
- If there is a problem in the ink cartridge, even then it does not print. In such cases, check for damage in the cartridge if any and replace the damaged ink cartridge with a new one.
- If there are prevailing paper jams on your printer, it may not respond or print sometimes.
- To overcome this, clear all the papers stuck in the printer.
- Run Print and Scan Doctor for fixing the printing issues automatically.
HP Envy 5020 Offline
- Your printer may go offline if the online option has been disabled in the Network settings of your computer.
- Go to the Network settings on your computer’s control panel and click the Printer tab.
- Check whether the printer is set to offline and if so, change it to online.
- HP has a self-diagnostic tool called Print and Scan Doctor that examines the network connectivity issues and fixes it automatically.
- If there are multiple printers installed on your device, try to set your printer as the default so that the printer goes online.
- Go to the computer’s Control Panelclick Printers & Scanners and uncheck the Let Windows manage my default printer box.
- From the printer’s drop-down menu, click Manage and then on Set as default.
- Reform the printer’s network connection and check if the issue is resolved.
HP Envy 5020 Paper Jam
- Check for the jammed paper in the paper tray area of the printer and clear it if any.
- Clear the paper jam in the ink cartridge access area if any.
- Ensure that the carriage is moving freely. To determine this, open the cartridge access door and watch the carriage movement.
- Disable the printer’s function by plugging the power cord out of its rear port.
- Now check on which side the carriage is stuck. If it is on the right side, move it to left manually, if it is on left, move it to the right side, or if it is stuck in the middle portion, then move it to the right side.
- Close the cartridge door and connect the cord back to the printer. Check if the issue persists.
- Place plain papers into the input tray. Swipe to the left of the printer’s control panel screen and then tap Setup ToolsClean Page Smears by swiping up on the display.
- The printer prints a blank page to confirm that there are no ink smears. Give a print to check if the issue continues.
- Clean the rollers of the paper feed and also, try to reset the entire printing machine.
HP Envy 5020 Printer Not Connected
- The HP Envy 5020 Setup printer may not connect to your network for several reasons. Refer to our solutions below to rectify the issue effectively.
- Keep the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool installed on your computer and the moment if you face any issues with your printer, run it for self-diagnosing and solving the problem.
- If you are trying to connect using a wireless network, then check whether the bandwidth frequency of your access point is set to 2.4GHz without which, the network may not connect for your printer.
- If you have previously installed the printer software, remove it from your computer and reinstall again so that the network connection is reformed.
- Go to the network settings on the control panel window of your computer and select the Printer tab.
- Check if the printer is set to be in offline and if so, change it to online and see if it helps.