HOW TO CONNECT HP DESKJET 3700 PRINTER TO WIFI?
HP DeskJet 3700 is an All-in-One printer that uses the drop-on-demand thermal inkjet printing technology. This HP DeskJet printer has a duty cycle of a maximum of 1000 pages per month. Apart from printing on paper, it prints labels, envelopes, and cards. The HP DeskJet 3700 printer supports AirPrint and Mopria Print services. To know how to connect HP Deskjet 3700 printer to Wifi, refer to the steps below.
You can connect your HP DeskJet 3700 printer to Wi-Fi using any of the following methods:
- Connecting the printer to Wi-Fi using WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup).
- Connecting the printer to Wi-Fi using HP printer software.
Connecting HP DeskJet 3700 To Wi-Fi Using WPS
Before you start connecting the printer, you have to confirm that you have the following things ready:
- A WPS-enabled wireless router.
- A computer that is connected to the wireless network to which you are going to connect your printer.
- The HP printer software has to be installed on the computer.
Keep in mind that your HP DeskJet 3700 printer supports connections of 2.4GHz only.
NOTE: Use the Push Button method in case you are using a router containing a WPS push button. Otherwise, utilize the PIN method. Let's connect HP Deskjet 3700 printer to Wifi using PBC methods as follows.
Method 1: Using Push Button Configuration (PBC)
- The very first step will be to press and hold the Wireless button on your HP DeskJet 3700 printer for over 3 seconds. This action will enable the WPS push mode on the printer.
- You will now notice that the Wireless light begins to blink.
- Next, you need to press the WPS button on your router.
- Your HP printer will start a timer for two minutes (approximately), during which the wireless connection will be established.
You have now finished connecting your HP DeskJet 3700 printer to Wi-Fi using the PBC method.
Method 2: Using the PIN method
Refer to the steps below to connect HP Deskjet 3700 printer to Wifi using PIN method.
- First, press the Wireless button and the Information button present on your HP DeskJet 3700 printer simultaneously. This action will print the network configuration page.
- Next, find the WPS PIN on the printed configuration page. Usually, it will be printed at the top.
- Now, turn your attention to the Printer control panel. Here, press the Wireless button and hold it for over 3 seconds. You will see that the Wireless light begins to blink.
- It is now time to utilize the WPS PIN that you have located on the network configuration page.
- Go to your computer and then open the web-based setup page of your wireless router.
- Once you are within the router setup page, go to the Wireless section and locate the WPS option. Then type in the WPS PIN in the space allocated for it.
- Now, you have to wait patiently for about 2 minutes. At the end of 2 minutes, you will notice that the Wireless light stops blinking, but remains lit. This behavior of the Wireless light clearly indicates that your HP DeskJet 3700 printer is connected to Wi-Fi successfully.
You have now successfully connect HP Deskjet 3700 printer to Wifi using the PIN method.