123.hp.com/deskjet Printer Support
The HP Deskjet is a compact printer that fits a small desk or table in your home or office. This 123.hp.com/deskjet printer produces good quality printouts and reduces the cost of printing. It is very easy to set the hardware and software of the Deskjet printer.
How to Setup a 123.hp.com/deskjet printer
- Step 1 : Remove the printer from the box
- Step 2 : Connect the power cord
- Step 3 : Load plain paper into the input tray
- Step 4 : Install the ink cartridges
- Step 5 : Install the Printer Software
Pick your 123 HP Deskjet Printer Models
HP Deskjet Printer Setup & Install - First time Setup
Configure the hardware and software of the Deskjet printer after purchasing from the manufacturer. Follow the easy and quick guidelines in the following topics to set both the hardware and software of the 123.hp.com/deskjet printer. You can also get guidelines from our techies for the HP Deskjet setup.
Step 1 : Remove the printer from the box
- Once you purchase the HP deskjet printer from the manufacturer, ensure the printer box is sealed.
- Unseal the box and take the 123.hp.com/setup deskjet printer out.
- Ensure the printer components are provided in it.
- The printer components include an installation CD, USB cable, power cable and more.
- Take the 123.hp.com/dj printer from the box and keep it on a plane and dust-free surface.
- Take all the protective tapes and packing materials from the 123.hp.com/deskjet printer.
Step 2 : Connect the power cord
- Take the power cord enclosed in the printer box and unpack it.
- Attach one end of the supplied power cable to the respective port of the Deskjet printer and, the other end to a power supply.
- Never make the power connection using a surge protector as it produces power fluctuations.
- Turn on the Deskjet printer by long pressing its power connection.
Step 3 : Load plain paper into the input tray
- Configure the preferences on the operation panel of the HP deskjet printer.
- Take a stack of papers and tap on a plane surface.
- Pull the input tray and slide out the paper width guides of the 123.hp.com/dj printer.
- Keep the papers into the input tray by adjusting the paper width guides.
- Finally, close the input tray of the HP dj printer.
Step 4 : Install the ink cartridges
- Take the ink cartridges provided in the printer package and unpack it.
- Lift the cartridge access door of the 123.hp.com/deskjet printer.
- Now the carriage slides and becomes idle.
- Wait until the carriage settles and insert the cartridges into the respective slots.
- Do not contact the ink nozzles or copper-colored contacts to avoid ink clogs and poor electrical contacts.
- Gently push the cartridges until they fit into their slots.
HP Deskjet Printer Driver & Manual Download
Get the driver and manual of your 123.hp.com/deskjet printer driver from this site for free. We provide a recent version of the driver software that suits the OS version of your computer or laptop. After downloading the driver and manual, save them in the desired folder on your computer or laptop.
- Click on the Driver Download button given on this page to start the download process.
- Wait until the download completes.
- The site has the full-featured printer driver software that suits the OS version of your computer or laptop.
- Once you download the HP Deskjet printer driver, save it in the desired folder on your computer or laptop.
- The extension of the driver file for Mac OS is .dmg and .exe for Windows operating system.
- You can also download the 123.hp.com/dj printer driver from the software CD provided in the printer package.
- After downloading the driver, you can install it to perform the printer functions.
How to reset HP Deskjet Printer
- Power up the HP deskjet printer by force pressing its power button.
- Wait until the printer turns on and becomes idle.
- Again, press and hold the power button.
- Tap the Start Copy Black two times.
- Press the Cancel button thrice.
- Now the 123.hp.com/deskjet printer resets to its default configurations. The WiFi network status light indicates the completion of the reset process.
- Carry out the forthcoming steps to hard reset the printer.
- Disconnect the power cord with the printer turned on.
- Wait for a few minutes and link the cable to the respective port of the 123.hp.com/dJ printer and power supply.
- Power up the HP dj printer if it does not turn on automatically and complete the reset process.
How to Connect HP Deskjet Printer to wifi
- Turn on your router and check its network strength.
- Power up the 123.hp.com/dj printer by force pressing its power button.
- Enable the Wireless option on your printer using the suitable option on its control panel.
- Select the network name and type its password of your router.
- Install the driver software of the printer on your computer or laptop.
- Go through the instructions on the computer’s display.
- Pick the connection type as wireless.
- Provide the network name and password of the router.
- Thus the wireless setup is implemented successfully.
- For more ways to connect your printer using the wireless connection, get in touch with our techies.
How to check HP Deskjet Printer ink levels
- Check the ink level of cartridges using the suitable option on the control panel of the 123.hp.com/deskjet printer or, the printer driver software on your computer.
- Carry out the following procedure to check the ink level in the driver software of the printer.
- Click the Start menu on your computer.
- Search for the name of your printer and select it.
- Now the driver software window opens.
- Find and click the Estimated Levels tab.
- Now you can see the ink level in the cartridges of your printer.
- Follow the forthcoming step to know the ink level on the printer’s control panel.
- Scroll and select the Ink Level icon on the function panel to view the ink level.
How to find wps pin on HP Deskjet Printer
- Find the access code of your router to which you need to link your 123.hp.com/deskjet printer.
- You can avail the code from the router’s manual.
- Open a browser on your computer or laptop.
- Type access code in the address bar and click the Search button.
- Now the Router page opens. Wait until the page opens.
- Scroll down and find the WPS pin of your router.
- You can utilize this pin to link your printer to the network of your router.
- For more details to find the WPS button of your router, get in touch with our technical expertise.
How to add HP Deskjet Printer to mac
- Tap the Apple icon located at the top left corner of the screen of your Mac device. Pick Software Update to check for any updates in the HP printer driver.
- Power up the HP printer by force pressing its power button.
- Link the USB cable to the appropriate port of the printer and Mac device.
- Tap the Apple icon --> System Preferences --> Print and Scan.
- Select the plus sign (+) located at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Provide the administrator name and password when prompts.
- Pick the name of your printer and hit Add to connect the devices.
How to use photo paper in a HP Deskjet printer
- Take the papers from the input tray if any.
- Load a photo paper with its print side facing down by adjusting the paper width guides.
- Print your image using the photo paper.
- Open the picture you wish to print on your computer which is connected to the 123.hp.com/deskjet printer.
- Edit the picture if needed. You can edit the colors, brightness, and contrast of the picture.
- Go to Document Properties to configure advanced print settings.
- Modify the settings you needed and tap OK.
- Finally, click Print to start printing on the photo paper.
- To know more details about the photo paper, get in touch with our techies.