Epson XP-6000 Setup Troubleshooting Guidance
Read these guidelines to troubleshoot issues, such as printing issues, offline issue, paper jam error, scanner error, and resolve them in a few easy steps.
Resolved: Epson XP-6000 not Printing Issue
- Check whether the XP-6000 printer’s USB and power cables are connected correctly.
- When you click the Print button on a document, make sure that the Epson XP-6000 printer is selected from the ‘Printer’ drop-down list.
- Open ‘Devices and Printers’ on your computer and right-click Epson XP-6000 setup.
- Select the ‘Set as default printer’ option.
- Double-click the XP-6000 printer icon and click the Printer button.
- Select ‘Cancel All Documents’ option from the list and click Yes.
Resolved: Epson XP-6000 Paper Jam Issue
- Stop the print job that is in progress.
- Raise the XP-6000 machine’s scanner cover and look for paper jams inside.
- Detach the cassettes from the XP-6000 printer and inspect the interior surface for any paper jams.
- Remove the jammed paper carefully with both hands and reinstall the cassettes in the printer.
- Squeeze the XP-6000 machine’s rear door buttons towards each other.
- The XP-6000 machine’s rear door is released. Detach the cover.
- Take the jammed paper out of the Epson XP-6000 setup rear compartment. Close the rear cover.
Resolved: Epson XP-6000 Offline Issue
- Load A4 sheets in the Epson XP-6000 printer’s input tray.
- Power on the XP-6000 printer.
- Tap the Home button and choose Maintenance.
- Choose the ‘Print Head Nozzle’ option from the Maintenance menu and then select Print.
- If the colored lines are not uniform, i.e., they appear to be disconnected from each other, it means that print head cleaning is required.
- If the cleaning is required, choose O, and if it is not needed, select X.
- However, if this page is printed, it means that there is no issue with the printer, but there is an issue with the printer-computer connection.
- Double-click the Epson XP-6000 setup icon located in the ‘Devices and Printers’ list.
- Click the Printer button and select the option to clear the printing queue.
- Right-click this XP-6000 icon and make sure that the ‘Use Printer Offline’ option is not selected.
- Disconnect the XP-6000 printer’s USB cable and try connecting it to a different port on the computer.
- Replace the USB cable and check whether the offline issue is resolved.
Resolved: Epson XP-6000 Scanner Error
- If the XP-6000 printer’s scanning software does not work correctly, perform these checks.
- Check whether your computer has sufficient RAM for running the XP-6000 printer software.
- Check whether the computer is running in a normal mode and not in a power-saving mode.
- Uninstall the XP-6000 printer software from your computer and reinstall it. This should solve the XP-6000 scanner issues.
- If you have trouble opening Epson Scan 2, perform these actions.
- Check whether the Epson printer is switched on and the USB cables are connected correctly.
- Open the Windows Start menu-->Epson-->Epson Scan 2 Utility-->Check whether Epson XP-6000 is selected.
- Check your computer for duplicate installations of Epson Scan. If there are any, uninstall them and reinstall the compatible version.
- Restart the computer. The Epson XP-6000 setup scanning issue should be resolved. Contact our tech support team if the scanning issue persists.