Epson SureColor P400 Setup Troubleshooting Guidance
To troubleshoot Epson P400 issues related to printing, screen printing, or find out how to clean the printer, read the guidelines given in the topics below.
Epson SureColor P400 won't Print Guide
- Check whether the Epson SureColor P400 setup is connected to the computer correctly.
- Power off the P400 printer.
- Disconnect the power and network interfacing cable from the printer and connected devices.
- Check whether these cables have been damaged. If they are damaged, replace them immediately.
- Reattach the cables and power on all the devices. Check whether the printing issue has been resolved.
- Navigate to Start-->Control Panel-->Printers-->Right-click Epson Surecolor P400-->Ensure that ‘Set as Default Printer’ is ticked.
- Try running the printhead cleaning procedure, or replace the ink cartridges if they are low on ink.
- If these solutions fail to resolve the printing issue, try uninstalling the P400 printer driver, restarting the computer, and reinstalling the driver.
- Also, make sure that the P400 printer is connected directly to the electrical outlet and not via a surge protector. The printer manufacturer recommends that you do not use a surge protector.
Epson Surecolor P400 Screen Printing Solution
- Attach the two tabs supplied in the box to the roll paper holder. If the single sheet guide has been attached to the P400 printer, detach it and then proceed to install the roll paper holder to the printer.
- Align the markings on the roll paper holder tabs with the markings on the rear side of the printer and attach the holder to the printer.
- Ensure that the roll paper holder is attached to the P400 printer firmly and then pull out a sufficient length of the screen over the roller and on the printer.
- Make a straight cut across the screen with an appropriate cutting tool, such as a blade. (This is because the screen’s short edge might not be uniform at the end.)
- Raise the rear top cover. Squeeze the button on the edge guide and push it to the machine’s end that is away from the cartridge slots.
- Pull the screen over the roller and into the slot directly in front of the roller. Push the screen into the slot until you feel resistance.
- The Epson SureColor P400 setup automatically begins feeding the screen.
- Install the Epson driver software found in the CD supplied in the box.
- After installing the Epson printer software, select the document to be printed and set the printing preferences.
- Click Print to begin printing on the screen.