Epson Expression Xp-970 Setup
Start Here-Installation Guide
Consider the following procedure for Epson Expression Xp-970 Setup. First Setup the printer hardware, before operating the printer.
- Open the carton and take the Epson printer out of it.
- Check if the printer accessories such as the power cord, ink cartridges, installation CD, and user manuals are present.
- Now, peel off all the packaging tapes from the inside and outside of the printer.
- Lift the scanner unit to inspect inside the printer and close it once the packaging materials are removed.
- Take the power cord and connect it to the printer. Then plug the other end of the power cord to an electrical wall socket.
- On the printer’s control panel, press the power button to turn it on.
- When the LCD panel turns on, set the language for the printer.
Insert ink cartridges
- Open the scanner unit and see that you do not disturb the white cable or the print head.
- Remove the new ink cartridge from the packet, then take off the cap and keep it safe.
- Make sure you do not touch the metal contacts of the cartridge, as it can affect the printing ability.
- Find the appropriate slot in the printer for the ink cartridge and insert the ink cartridge into the slot until it snaps in a position.
- Next, install the other cartridges in a similar way and close the scanner unit.
- Check for the ‘Installed’ message on the display panel, and select it, after which, the ink starts charging.
- Wait till the completion message appears on the printer display.
Load paper in the paper cassette
- Draw the paper cassette 2 from the printer and move all the paper edge guides to the edges of the cassette.
- Set the front paper edge guide to the paper size you are feeding.
- Neatly arrange the papers and place them against the front edge in the cassette with the print side facing down.
- Ensure the paper level is below the maximum paper limit.
- Insert the paper cassette into the printer and set the paper settings in the printer’s control panel.
- After performing the physical setup of the printer, go on to install the printer software on the computer.
- The Epson printer software is available online and on the installation CD provided to you during the purchase.
Epson Expression Xp-970 Setup For Driver Download
Download the printer driver:
- Launch a browser on your computer and go to the official Epson website.
- Find the Epson Expression Photo XP-970 printer model and access its support page.
- Click the Downloads tab, and when it expands, choose the Operating System from the drop-down menu.
- Select the driver package and click the Download button.
- Then, open the downloaded driver package and run the installer file.
Epson Expression Photo Xp-970 Manual Download
Follow the below procedure to download the printer manual from the Epson website.
- On your computer, open a web browser and visit the manufacturer website.
- Search for your Epson printer model and select it to go to the support page.
- In the Manuals and Warranty section, click the PDF link corresponding to the manual that you want to download.
- The installation guide and the user’s guide are available online.
Epson Expression Xp-970 Setup For Wireless (Windows)
- Turn on the Wi-Fi router, and make a note of the network SSID and password.
- Connect your computer to the wireless network.
- If the computer has a CD/DVD drive, then get the printer software package from the installation CD, else, download it from the printer’s official support page.
- When you open the driver installer, the Epson installation window opens up on the screen.
- Click the Install button. Following that, select Wireless connection as the Connection mode when prompted.
- Choose the right setup option and click Continue.
- If you want to enable the Wi-Fi Auto Connect for your Wi-Fi router network, then click Yes.
- Then, choose Using control panel as the Wireless Setup Method and continue with the process.
- Next, move to the printer and turn it on.
- Press the home icon on display, then tap the network connection icon at the top.
- Below Connection Method, choose the Wi-Fi (Recommended) menu.
- Press the Start Setup button and select Wi-Fi Setup Wizard under Connect via Wireless Router.
- The printer scans for the available wireless network and displays a list.
- If your router network name is present, select it and enter the password to connect.
- If the network name is unavailable, then tap Enter Manually and enter the network SSID and password.
- When the Wireless connection setup is finished, you can start operating the printer over the wireless network.
Epson Xp 970 Ink Cartridges Replacement
- Before you replace the ink cartridges, tap the ink icon on the Status menu of the printer’s control panel.
- Check the ink level in the cartridges.
- Get the new genuine ink cartridges from the Epson store.
- Keep the printer turned on and select the Maintenance menu on the home screen.
- Following that, choose Ink Cartridge Replacement, tap Next, and then tap the Start menu.
- Now, carefully open the scanner unit and wait until the print head stops moving.
- Slide the blue tab to unlock the ink cartridge and remove the cartridge from the slot.
- Close the ink cartridge with its cap so that it can be recycled.
- Unpack the new cartridge and remove the cap.
- Install the ink cartridge into its slot in the printer and close the scanner unit.
- After that, select the Completed menu in the printer’s control panel to start the ink charging.
- Later, the completion message will appear on the screen.
Epson Expression Xp-970 Setup For Printer
Follow the steps given below to print a document on your Epson XP 970 printer.
- Make sure your computer has the printer drivers installed on it and is connected to the printer either using a wired or wireless connection method.
- Turn on the printer and load enough papers for printing.
- Open the document you wish to print on your computer and select the Print option.
- Select your Epson printer and click the Properties button. This will open the Printing Preferences window.
- In the Main panel, set the necessary print settings and tick the Print Preview option to preview the document before printing.
- Click OK to start the print operation.
Epson Expression Xp-970 Setup For Scanning
Scan to computer
The steps to scan a document from the printer to your computer are given below:
- Check whether the printer and the computer are connected.
- Open the document cover on the printer, place the document on the scanner glass, and close the document cover.
- On the printer’s LCD screen, tap the home icon and then select the Scan menu.
- Now, select Computer under Scan to.
- Following that, choose the computer name and continue to follow the on-screen instructions to scan the document.
Epson Expression Xp-970 Setup For Troubleshooting
Whenever the printer faces any trouble, a status message appears on the LCD panel of the printer. Try to resolve the error message using the troubleshooting methods specified in the printer’s user manual. You can also select the Help icon on the printer’s display panel to get the help instructions. If you cannot solve the problem, contact our support team for assistance.
Epson Xp 970 Won’t Print
When your Epson printer doesn’t print, use the following solutions to fix the problem.
- See if the computer and the printer are connected to the same network.
- Check if the network cables are secured at the ends. If they are loose, tighten the ends of the cable.
- Verify if the Printer Offline is enabled on the Windows computer and disable it before you start the print operation.
- Open the printer properties from the control panel window on your computer and look if there is any stopped or paused printing task. Remove the pending job from the queue and restart the printer.
- Now, check whether the printer is able to print.
Epson Xp 970 Won’t Scan
If the Epson scanner does not scan, follow the below steps.
- Ensure that the computer on which you are saving the scanned document has enough memory storage to save the document.
- In case you have not installed the scanner software properly, reinstall it and check if you can scan now.
- When you are scanning, verify if the computer is online. If it is in sleep mode, then the scan process might not take place.
Epson Xp-970 Setup For Offline Error
Check out the below measures to fix the offline error on the Epson printer.
- Check whether your wireless router is turned on and the printer is connected to the wireless network.
- Try to print a test page using the printer’s control panel and check if it can print. When the test page cannot print, see the error message on the screen and resolve it.
- Open the Devices and Printers window on your Windows computer. Choose your printer model and check if any printing job is pending. Then, delete the stalled printing job on the computer.
- Make sure the router firmware is up-to-date and restart the printer to fix the connection problems.
Epson Xp 970 Paper Jam Error
Paper jam in the cassette:
Carry out the steps given below to clear the paper jam from the paper cassettes in your printer.
- On the computer, stop the printing job and take out the paper cassettes from the printer.
- Next, carefully take the jammed paper from the inside of the printer.
- After that, insert the cassette into the printer.
- Ensure that the error message on the printer’s display has been cleared. We hope using our above steps will be helpful to know Epson expression Xp-970 Setup.