New! Epson Expression Photo Xp-8700 Setup
Epson Expression Photo XP-8700 is an inkjet printer that can print, scan, and fax. You can connect this printer to your computer and smartphone using a wired or wireless connection. Read this page completely if you want to know how to set up your Epson Expression Photo XP-8700 printer.
EPSON EXPRESSION PHOTO XP-8700 UNBOXING SETUP
The first step to set up your printer is unboxing. Read this section to know the steps in detail.
UNPACK YOUR PRINTER
- Open the product box and take out everything you received.
- Your package includes the Epson Expression Photo XP-8700 printer, power cord, installation CD, protective material, and ink cartridges.
- Ensure that all the items are delivered without any damage.
- Remove all the packing materials from your printer and the included components.
- Lift the scanner unit, remove the packing tapes, and lower the scanner unit.
- Take the power cord you received and connect it to the rear port of your printer and an electrical outlet. Make sure not to connect your computer yet.
SET UP YOUR PRINTER
With the Epson Smart Panel app, you can set up your printer from your mobile phone through a step-by-step process. In case you don't want to set up your printer using your mobile phone, skip this section completely.
- To do it, download the app from Play Store or App Store and install it on your smartphone.
- Turn on your Epson printer by pressing the Power button.
- Open the app and follow the instructions to set up your printer.
TURN ON YOUR PRINTER
- If you have skipped the previous section, press the Power button to turn on your printer.
- Set your preferred language on your printer's LCD screen.
INSTALL THE INK CARTRIDGES
- Raise the scanner unit.
- Unpack the ink cartridges and remove the protective tapes.
- Insert the cartridges into the respective holders and press each cartridge until it clicks in its place.
- Once you have installed all the cartridges, lower the scanner unit and select Installed on the printer control panel.
- Now, your printer will begin the ink charging process, which takes around 10 minutes.
- Once charging gets completed, adjust the print quality of your printer by following the instructions.
LOAD YOUR PAPER
- Extend the paper cassette and slide the guides all the way out.
- Take a paper stack and fan the sheets neatly.
- Load the stack into the paper cassette with the print side facing down.
- Adjust the guides against the paper and re-insert the paper cassette into the printer.
CONNECT YOUR PRINTER AND COMPUTER
- Take the supplied installation disk and insert it into your computer's CD drive.
- If your computer doesn't have a CD drive, visit Epson's official support page, enter your printer model, and download the software compatible with your Operating System.
- Once the file is downloaded, you can locate it in the Downloads folder.
- Run the setup file and install the software by adhering to the instructions on the screen.
- Hereafter, you can access your printer using the installed software.
EPSON EXPRESSION PHOTO XP-8700 PRINT SETUP
- Install the software on your computer using the supplied CD-ROM or the downloaded software from Epson's official website.
- Before you print your documents, ensure that you have loaded enough paper into the paper cassette and installed the ink cartridges into the respective holders.
- Connect your printer and computer using a USB cable or over a Wi-Fi network.
- Open the document/image you want to print and select the print command.
- Click the Properties or Printing preferences option and make the necessary changes.
- Once done, click Print.
- Now, your printer will start printing the documents you have sent.
EPSON EXPRESSION PHOTO XP-8700 TROUBLESHOOTING
Learn the troubleshooting solutions to handle your printer problems on your own. This section walks you through the troubleshooting solutions for the frequently occurring Epson Expression Photo Xp-8700 Setup problems.
EPSON EXPRESSION PHOTO XP-8700 PRINTER OFFLINE
- If your Epson XP-8700 is offline, see if the Internet connection is stable or not. If it is unstable, troubleshoot and fix the problem with the appropriate solutions.
- If you have connected your printer and computer over a network, ensure that they are connected to the same network. If you connect them to different networks, you cannot access your printer from the computer.
- Your printer will not appear online if you have enabled Use Printer Offline or Pause Printing. To fix this problem, you should disable these options in the Devices and Printers section.
- Click Start and go to the Devices and Printers section. Right-click on your printer and select the See what's printing option. Go to the Printer tab and ensure that the options are disabled.
- When the print jobs pile up on your printer's memory, it will malfunction. To fix this problem, you should cancel all the documents you have sent so far. To do it, click Start and go to the Devices and Printers section. Right-click on your Epson printer and select the See what's printing option. Then, go to the Printer tab and click the Cancel All Documents option.
- If the driver is outdated or corrupted, there will be a communication breakdown. Uninstall and reinstall the driver. In case the issue is not yet solved, get the updated software from Epson's official website and install it on your computer. Then, see if you can locate your printer online.
- Every printer problem can be fixed to some extent with a power cycle. To power cycle your Epson XP-8700 printer, turn it off and disconnect the power cord from its rear port and the electrical outlet.
- Leave your printer disconnected for a minute. Reconnect the power cord to your Epson printer's rear port and the electrical outlet. Turn on your printer and ensure that your printer appears online.
EPSON EXPRESSION PHOTO XP-8700 NOT PRINTING
- If your Epson Expression Photo XP-8700 is not printing, check if your printer is turned on and connected to a working power outlet. Connect a different device to the electrical outlet to check its functionality.
- See if your printer shows any error codes. If so, rectify the problem in the first place. If there is a paper jam, remove all the jammed paper from the specified area and resume your printing job.
- If the connection between your printer and computer is not stable, your printer will not print anything. If you have connected your printer and computer using a USB cable, check if the connection is firm enough at both ends. Disconnect and reconnect the cable. If there is any damage to your USB cable, replace it with a new one.
- If you have connected your printer and computer over a Wi-Fi network, check if you have connected them to the same network. If you connect them to different networks, you cannot access your printer from the computer.
- If the driver is outdated, you cannot print anything from your computer. To fix this problem, visit Epson's official website and get the updated driver that supports your OS. Then install it on your computer and see if your problem is resolved.
- In most instances, printing issues can be fixed with the power cycle. Therefore, power cycle your printer and ensure that your problem is resolved.
In this way, you should set up your Epson Expression Photo Xp-8700 Setup printer. If you have further questions, reach our technical experts for assistance.