Epson Ds-790wn Scanner Setup
Epson DS-790WN is a wireless network document scanner designed to meet all your scanning needs. It delivers high-quality scans of up to 45 ppm/90 ipm and comes with enhanced security features.
Some of the highlighting features of this scanner are:
- 1-pass duplex scanning
- 4.3” color touchscreen display
- Versatile connectivity option
- Scanning with a wide variety of devices
- PC-free scanning
- Robust design
- TWAIN and ISIS drivers
- Scan from iOS or Android phone with the Epson Smart Panel app
The setup process of this scanner is quite easy and simple to perform. Continue reading this page to know more about the “Epson DS-790WN scanner setup” process.
Setting up the Epson DS-790WN Scanner - Three Quick Steps
Unpacking the Epson 790WN Scanner
Unpack the scanner to prepare it for the setup.
- Initially, open the product box and check whether the scanner and its components are provided.
- Inside the box, you can find:
- The Epson DS-790WN Scanner
- A power cord and adapter
- A USB cable
- A Paper Guide
- If one of these printer components is missing or damaged inside the product box, contact your seller to get the replacement one.
- Next, take all the components and the DS-790WN scanner out of the box.
- Now, remove all the packing tapes and materials from your scanner.
- Ensure that the packing materials are removed carefully.
Turning On the Epson DS790WN Scanner
Switch on the scanner to begin the setup.
- Plug one end of the cord to the power adapter and the other end to the electrical outlet.
- Connect the adapter’s other end to your scanner.
- Unpack and attach the paper guides.
- Press the Power button on your Epson scanner.
- Wait for your scanner to become silent.
- Once it is ready to use, set the language, date/time, and other settings by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
- Save the configured settings and go to the next step of the Epson DS-790WN scanner setup.
Installing the Epson Ds-790wn Scanner Driver
Download the scanner driver from its official support page since the setup CD is not provided with the product during the purchase. After doing that, install the scanner on your computer using the downloaded driver.
Downloading the Epson DS-790WN scanner driver
- Visit the Epson DS-790WN scanner’s official support page.
- Click on the Downloads tab.
- Choose your OS type from the drop-down menu beside Operating System.
- Locate the recommended scanner driver for your OS type and click the Download button beside it.
Once the driver is downloaded, you can use it to install the scanner on your computer.
Before beginning the scanner driver installation process, choose the connection type that you wish to use to connect your scanner to the computer.
If your connection type is Wi-Fi, connect your printer and computer to the same wireless network and then begin the software installation. Similarly, if your connection type is USB, run the scanner driver file and connect the PC or laptop to your scanner using the USB cable when prompted.
- Connect your smartphone and the Epson scanner to the same wireless network. (Contact us to know how to connect the scanner to your wireless network).
- Next, install and use the Epson Smart Panel app to set up your scanner on the smartphone.
Contact us to know more about setting up the Epson DS-790WN scanner.