How To Perform Dell C1660W Setup?
Dell C1660W is a color laser printer. Setting up this printer is quite simple and easy if you go through the steps given on this page. As this printer supports Wi-Fi, you can also perform the wireless setup. If you want to know how to configure Dell C1660W Setup, go through these steps.
DELL C1660W UNBOXING SETUP
Unboxing The Printer:
- To begin with, take out the printer from the package.
- Next, check the printer components.
- Take out the printer supplies from the package.
- Remove all the protective tapes and covers from the printer.
- Connect your printer to a wall outlet using the provided power cord and turn it on by pressing the Power switch.
- Select your language from the LCD.
- If necessary, enable Wireless LAN and perform the wireless setup.
Installing The Toner Cartridges:
- Open the toner access cover.
- Unpack the toner cartridges and remove the protective tapes from them.
- Insert the toner cartridges into the cartridge holder.
- Close the toner access cover.
- Ensure that all the cartridges are installed properly into the holder.
- The status of the toner cartridges is indicated by the Ink lights on the control panel.
- First, pull the PSI or paper cover out of the printer.
- Pull the length guide forward until it stops.
- Next, pull the MPF extension until it stops.
- Adjust the paper width guides for loading paper.
- Fan a paper stack and load it into the tray.
- Adjust the paper stack with the paper width guides.
- Slide the length guide to touch the edges of the paper stack.
- Insert the paper cover into the printer.
- Set the correct print settings on the LCD.
Installing the printer software:
Insert the provided CD-ROM into your computer's CD/DVD drive and run the setup file to begin the driver installation process.
Carry out the on-screen instructions in the driver installation wizard to establish the connection between your printer and computer.
Once the connection is made, complete the driver installation and verify the printer functionality.
DELL C1660W DRIVER DOWNLOAD
You can download the driver for your Dell C1660W printer by clicking the Driver Download button on this page. Alternatively, you can get it from the official Dell site by following these steps.
- On your computer, open the default browser and go to the official Dell site.
- Input your printer's model number in the search field and hit the Enter key.
- Go to the Drivers & Downloads tab and wait until your OS version is detected.
- If necessary, select the correct OS version from the Operating System drop-down menu.
- Choose the required driver from the displayed list and click the Download button.
- Wait until the download is completed.
- You can access the driver file from the Downloads section in the browser.
DELL C1660W DRIVER INSTALL
If you have a Windows computer, follow these steps to install the Dell printer driver.
- Before starting, remove any previously installed Dell printer drivers on your Windows computer.
- Run the driver installation process using the provided CD-ROM or the downloaded driver package.
- If the device prompts for User Account Control, click the Yes button.
- Agree to the EULA and choose your connection type from the following options.
- Wireless connection
- Wired connection
- USB connection
- Based on your connection type, follow the on-screen instructions and complete the setup.
- If prompted, print a test page to check the connection between your printer and computer.
DELL C1660W DRIVER MAC
You can run the driver installation process on your Mac using the provided CD-ROM. If the CD-ROM isn't supported by your Mac, follow these steps to download the driver.
- Open the default browser (Safari) on your Mac and go to the official Dell site.
- Input your printer's model number in the search field.
- Click the printer model from the search result.
- Click the Drivers & Downloads tab.
- Choose the required driver from the displayed list and click Download.
- Now, the driver file will be downloaded to your Mac.
Installing The Driver On Mac:
- If you have downloaded the driver, open the setup file from the Downloads section in the browser.
- Otherwise, run the setup file from the CD-ROM menu. Doing so will create a disk image on the desktop.
- Open the disk image and double-click the setup file.
- Agree to the EULA and choose your connection type.
- Carry out the on-screen instructions and complete the setup.
DELL C1660W WIRED SETUP
- Before starting, make sure that you have a standard Ethernet cable handy.
- Disconnect the USB cable connected between your printer and computer, if any.
- With the printer turned off, connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the Ethernet port located at the backside of the printer. Connect the other end to your router's LAN port.
- Turn on your printer, router, and computer.
- Connect your computer to the same network using another Ethernet cable.
- Run the driver installation wizard using the CD-ROM or the downloaded driver package.
- When you are asked to choose the connection type, select the Wired network connection option.
- Finish the driver installation process and print a test page to check the connection.
DELL C1660W WIRELESS SETUP
Using the WPS Push Button method:
This method is applicable only if your router supports WPS.
- To begin with, turn on your printer and router.
- Place your printer close to your router.
- Remove the wireless gadgets near your router to reduce Wi-Fi interference.
- Go to your printer's control panel and press the Wi-Fi button. Hold the button until the Wi-Fi light flashes for at least 2 seconds.
- The printer LCD will display the 'Press WPS Button on Router' message.
- Within two minutes, go to your router and press the WPS button. Hold the button until the router LED flashes.
- Now, the printer will detect and connect to the wireless network automatically.
- Once the connection is made, the printer reboots.
DELL C1660W PRINT SETUP
Before starting the print setup:
Make sure that you have completed the basic printer setup.
Ensure that you have installed the printer driver on your computer.
Load some plain paper into the paper tray.
Printing from a computer:
On your computer, open the file you wish to print.
Click on Print from the File menu.
Choose your printer's name in the Print dialog box.
Click on Preferences or Properties in the Print dialog box to open the printer properties window.
Specify the required print settings and click OK.
Finally, click Print in the Print dialog box to print your document.
DELL C1660W TROUBLESHOOTING
Is your Dell C1660W printer not working as expected? Troubleshooting might help you overcome this problem. Identify the actual cause, execute the correct troubleshooting steps, and repair the issue. In case you aren't able to identify the cause, click the Call button on this page and contact our technical experts to help you out with the problem.
DELL C1660W NOT PRINTING
- If your Dell C1660W printer is not printing any documents, check the printer status first.
- You can continue to work on your printer only when the LCD shows the 'Ready to Print' message.
- Verify if your printer is loaded with enough paper.
- Check the power cord and restart your printer if your printer is turned off while sending the print job.
- If the printing issue persists, check the connection between your printer and computer.
- Open the printer properties window on your computer and check the print settings.
- If your printer status is offline, bring your printer status back online to continue printing.
- If necessary, run the printer troubleshooter.
- If the troubleshooting steps couldn't resolve the printing issue, reinstall the printer driver.
HOW TO RESTART DELL C1660W PRINTER
- Restarting your Dell C1660W printer resolves false errors on the LCD. To restart your printer, press the Power switch off.
- After a few minutes, turn on the printer.
- Wait until the printer LCD shows the 'Ready to Print' message.
- If you are not able to restart your printer, open the Dell Tool Box from the Start menu on your Windows computer.
- Click the Printer Maintenance tab and select Reset Defaults from the left-side panel.
- Click Start on the Reset Defaults page.
- Wait until the printer restarts automatically.
DELL C1660W PRINTER WON'T CONNECT TO WIFI
- Is your Dell C1660W printer not connecting to Wi-Fi? Check if you have properly executed the Wi-Fi setup.
- Ensure that you have placed the printer close to your router.
- Remove the wireless gadgets near your router, if any.
- Check the wireless signal strength of your router.
- Ensure that the firewall on your computer is not blocking your printer from connecting to the Wi-Fi network.
- Check the Wi-Fi light on the printer control panel.
- Try connecting your printer to Wi-Fi using the WPS PIN method or the Wireless Setup Wizard.
- If the problem persists, reinstall the printer driver.
To get more assistance on Dell C1660W Setup and troubleshooting, CALL our tech experts and get instant solutions.