DELL 1110 LASER PRINTER SETUP
Dell 1110 is a monochrome printer that uses laser technology to perform print operations. It can print up to 16ppm max speed (A4)/ 17ppm for the letter A size. This printer supports only the USB interface and it is compatible with the Windows OS. To know how to unbox and set up the Dell 1110 printer for the first time, scroll down this page.
DELL 1110 UNBOXING SETUP
Quick and simple steps to unbox and set up the Dell 1110 printer for the first time
Step 1: Unpacking the printer
Initially, make sure that you have opened the printer box and taken the printer and its components out of it. (Note: Along with the Dell printer, you can find these components - sta rter toner cartridge, power cord , and owner’s manual.)
- Next, place the printer on a clean surface and away from the direct airflow of air conditioners, heaters, or ventilators.
- Now, remove the packing tapes and materials present on the important parts of the printer.
- Recycle all the materials other than the carton and important packing items because to repack your printer, you need these items.
- Place the unpacked printer closer to an electrical outlet.
Step 2: Installing the toner cartridge
- Get the starter toner cartridge provided along with the printer and unpack it.
- Shake the cartridge five to six times.
- Now, gently open your printer’s front cover.
- Insert the unpacked toner cartridge into the printer.
- Make sure that the cartridge is installed properly and close the cover.
Step 3: Loading paper
- Open your printer’s input tray.
- Align the width guides of the tray properly and load paper into it.
- Make sure that the paper is not overloaded.
- Adjust the width guides correctly.
Step 4: Turning on the printer
- Get the printer’s power cord.
- Now, using the cord provided, connect your printer to the power outlet.
- Turn on the Dell printer by pressing its P ower switch.
- Now, your printer will start to turn on.
- Once it becomes stable and idle, you can go to the next step of the printer setup.
Step 5: Installing the printer on your computer
- Get the USB cable recommended by the manufacturer.
- Now, connect your Dell printer to the computer using the USB cable and make sure that it is connected securely.
- Turn on the printer and your computer if they are turned off.
- Run the Dell 1110 printer software on your computer.
- Perform the software installation by following the prompts displayed on the screen. Scroll down this page to know the Dell 1110 printer software installation in detail.
DELL 1110 USB SETUP
- First, ensure that you have completed the Dell Laser 1110 printer’s initial setup.
- Next, check whether you have the printer software file downloaded and bought the USB cable recommended by the printer’s manufacturer. If not, download the software file from this page or the printer’s support page. Similarly, get the USB cable that is recommended by the manufacturer.
- Using the USB cable, connect your printer and the computer.
- Now, run the Dell printer software file on your computer.
- Choose the desired installation type and perform the on-screen instructions to complete the USB setup.
DELL 1110 PRINT SETUP
- As the first step of the print setup, install the starter toner cartridge on your printer if you haven’t installed it yet.
- Next, load the recommended paper type into the tray.
- Make sure that the paper is not overloaded in the tray.
- Install the Dell Laser 1110 printer software on your computer to complete the printer setup.
- After installing the printer software, try to print a demo page to check whether the printer is working properly.
- To do so, turn on the printer if it is turned off.
- Locate the Cancel button on your printer control panel and hold it down for 2 seconds.
- Now, your printer will start to print the demo page.
- If the printer fails to print the demo page, then re-perform the print setup by referring to the instructions given above.
- To print a document of your desire from the computer, follow the instructions given below.
- On your Windows computer, open the desired document.
- Go to the Print dialog box.
- Make sure that your Dell printer is selected correctly.
- Configure the print settings correctly.
- After configuring them, click on the Print button.
- Now, your printer will start to print the selected document.
DELL 1110 TROUBLESHOOTING
The following section explains how to fix the Dell Laser 1110 printer not printing problem and paper jam issues. To get remote assistance in resolving the same or any other issues, contact our technical experts by clicking the Call button provided on this page.
DELL 1110 IS NOT PRINTING
Initially, check whether your Dell printer is receiving enough power to turn on. To verify it, check if the power cord is connected securely at both ends. If not, unplug and reconnect the cord.
- Next, check if your printer’s top or front cover is closed. If not, close it properly.
- Make sure that the recommended paper type is loaded properly into the tray.
- Similarly, confirm that the toner cartridge is installed securely on your printer.
- If you find that any paper is jammed inside the printer, remove it and then reload the paper into the tray.
- Set your Dell Laser printer as the default machine on your Windows computer, if you have not done it yet.
- Check to make sure that the cable between the printer and your computer is connected securely.
- Make sure that the correct Dell Laser 1110 printer driver is installed on your computer.
- Restart the Dell Laser 1110 printer.
DELL LASER PRINTER 1110 PAPER JAM
As soon as the paper jam occurs on your Dell printer, its operator panel light turns red. To clear this issue, identify and remove the jammed paper from your printer. In most cases, the paper jam occurs in the following parts of your printer:
Paper Input And Output Trays.
- If you find the jammed paper in the input tray, gently remove it out of the printer.
- After removing the jammed paper, reload the paper into the tray and close the printer’s top cover.
- Now, perform a test print operation to check whether the paper jam issue is resolved.
- Similarly, if the paper is jammed in the output tray of your printer, remove the jammed paper gently out of it and then perform the print operation.