Install Canon LBP6230DW Driver
- Insert the Canon LBP 6230DW CD into your computer and launch the installer or double-click the LBP 6230DW software that you downloaded on your computer from the manufacturer’s site.
- Click the preferred language option and select OK.
- When the LBP 6230DW software installer’s dashboard appears, click the Easy Installation option.
- Choose the Wireless LAN option and click Next.
- Select USB Connection and click Next.
- The LBP 6230DW software installer displays a message stating that installation cannot be stopped once initiated. Click Yes.
- When prompted, connect the Canon LBP6230DW setup and computer by using the USB cable.
- Choose a destination folder for the LBP 6230DW printer manual when prompted. Click Install.
- Choose either to accept or not accept the extended survey program participation.
Canon LBP6230DW Wireless Setup Guidance
- Run the Canon LBP 6230DW software installer on your computer.
- When prompted to select a connection method, choose the wireless connection method.
- The LBP 6230DW software installer prompts you to connect the printer and computer with a USB cable.
- In this way, the Canon LBP6230DW setup gets the network configuration, and a network connection is established.
- Follow prompts displayed by the LBP 6230DW software installer to complete the Canon LBP 6230DW Wi-Fi setup.
How to Connect Canon LBP6230DW Printer to Computer?
- The Canon LBP 6230DW printer can be connected to the computer over a wireless network or wired network.
- Here are the steps to connect the Canon LBP6230DW setup to the computer over a wireless network.
- Run the Canon LBP 6230DW software installer and follow the on-screen prompts until the connection mode screen appears.
- Choose Wireless LAN and follow the rest of the on-screen prompts to establish the printer-to-computer connection.
How to Connect Canon LBP6230DW to Internet?
- To connect the Canon LBP 6230DW printer to the internet via a router, follow these steps.
- Make sure that you use a LAN cable that is category 5 or higher to ensure trouble-free connection.
- Connect the Canon LBP6230DW setup and computer by using the LAN cable, which was mentioned earlier.
- The LINK LED located beside the LBP 6230DW printer’s Ethernet port should glow steadily.
- After about 2 minutes, an IP address is set for the LBP 6230 DW printer automatically.
- If you had previously installed the LBP 6230DW driver and chose Wireless connection during the installation, you need to uninstall the driver and run the LBP 6230DW software installer again.
- When the LBP 6230DW software installer dashboard appears, choose Custom Setup and follow the on-screen instructions to establish the computer-to-printer connection.
How to Print from iPhone to Canon LBP6230DW?
- Power on the Canon LBP 6230DW printer and wait until it initializes.
- Press the Go/Paper key on the Canon printer’s control panel and hold it for three seconds.
- When you release the button, the LBP 6230DW printer prints the network configuration page.
- You can find the LBP 6230DW printer’s IP address mentioned on it.
- Make a note of the LBP 6230DW machine’s IP address.
- Download the Canon Mobile Printing app on your iPhone.
- Ensure that the LBP 6230DW printer and iPhone are connected to the same network.
- Open the Canon Mobile Printing app and accept the license agreement.
- Choose the Add printer option and then select the Manual Search option.
- Enter the LBP 6230DW printer’s IP address in the text field and tap the printer name shown below the text field.
- Tap the Add button.
- On your iPhone, open the document viewing application and open the document to be printed.
- Tap the Share button, swipe from right to left, and tap Print.
- Select the LBP Canon LBP6230DW setup and set the printing preferences. Tap Print.
Canon LBP6230DW Load Envelopes Guide
In the LBP6230DW printer, envelopes can be loaded via the multi-purpose tray or manual feed slot.
Note: Fold the envelopes’ flaps, stack the envelopes, and press down on it to release air from the envelopes and make them flat.Arrange the stack neatly and get rid of the curls at the corners of the envelope.
- Take sure that you load the envelope with the flap on the left side, and face-down. Insert it short-edge first into the manual feed slot. (Only one envelope should be loaded in the manual feed tray slot.)
- Load the envelope stack in the center of the multi-purpose tray in the same orientation that you load the envelope in the manual feed tray slot and secure the stack with the edge width guide.
- Slide out the auxiliary paper output support found at the front side of the printer near the top.
Canon LBP6230DW Scan to Email
The LBP 6230DW printer does not support scanning.
Canon LBP6230DW Scan to Computer
The Canon LBP 6230DW printer does not support scanning.
Canon LBP6230DW Airprint Setup
The Canon LBP6230DW printer does not support Apple AirPrint.