Canon Pixma TR8520 Setup
The Canon Pixma TR8520 Setup printer helps in executing the functions like printing, scanning, faxing and more. This printer delivers laser-quality document and stunning photos. Find simple and quick guidelines in the following topics to configure the hardware & software of your Canon TR8520 printer. You can also get instructions from our technical support team for setting up your printer.
How to Setup Canon TR8520 Printer
- After purchasing the Canon TR8520 printer from the manufacturer, check if the manufacturer’s seal is present on the printer box.
- Unseal the printer box and open it.
- Ensure the printer components are provided in the box.
- Take the printer from the box and place it on a plane surface.
- Peel off the orange colored protective tapes.
- Remove the packing materials from the printer.
- Unpack the power cable enclosed with the printer package.
- Plug one end of the cable to the power supply and the other end to the printer.
- Lift the access door at the top of the printer.
- Unpack the ink cartridges provided in the printer package.
- Remove the protective components on the cartridge.
- Insert the cartridges into the corresponding slots.
- Load the paper tray with suitable sheets.
- Download the printer software on your computer and complete the first time printer setup.
Canon TR8520 Driver for Mac
- Get the driver of the Canon Pixma TR8520 Setup printer on your Mac device either from the software CD provided in the printer box or the Driver Download button on this page.
- To avail the driver from the CD, ensure your Mac device has a disc drive.
- Most of the recently manufactured Mac devices do not contain a disc drive.
- So, copy the content of the CD in a flash drive.
- Insert the flash drive into your Mac computer or laptop.
- Paste the copied content to the desired folder on your computer and complete the driver download process.
Canon TR8520 Driver for Windows
- Download the driver of the Canon TR8520 printer from the installation CD given in the printer box or the Driver Download button present on this website.
- We offer the recently released full-featured printer driver that suits the Windows operating system of any version.
- Locate and click on the Driver Download button on this page.
- Now your system starts to download the printer software.
- Wait until the download completes.
- Once you download the driver, save it in the destination folder on your computer or laptop.
Install Canon TR8520 Printer Driver
- Install the driver of the Canon Pixma TR8520 Setup printer after downloading it.
- Double-click or right-click on the driver file that you have downloaded on your computer or laptop.
- Carry out the guidelines on the screen.
- The instructions may vary depending on the operating system version of your computer or laptop.
- Set the connection method between your printer and computer based on their specifications.
- Continue with the guidelines and complete installing the Canon TR8520 printer software on your computer.
How to Connect Canon PIXMA TR8520 to wifi
One of the best methods in connecting your printer and computer is the wireless connection. Go through the quick and simple procedure in the following topics to configure the wireless connection between your devices.
- Make sure the Canon Pixma TR8520 Setup printer is powered on.
- On the operation panel of the printer, tap the Setup icon.
- Pick Settings --> Device Settings --> LAN Settings --> Wireless Direct.
- Change the Wi-Fi Direct configurations if needed.
- Tap the Home button and complete the Wi-Fi Direct setup.
- For more ways to set the Wi-Fi Direct feature, contact our technical support team.
How to Connect Canon TR8520 to Computer
- Check if the Canon Pixma TR8520 printer is powered on.
- On the function panel of the printer, tap the Network Status button.
- Now the Basic Network Information screen opens.
- Select LAN Settings --> Wireless LAN --> Wireless LAN Setup --> Easy Wireless Connect --> Yes.
- Tap OK and complete the wireless setup on your printer.
- Download the recent version of the full-featured Canon printer driver on your computer if you have not installed yet.
- Install the software after downloading it.
- Choose the connection method as wireless.
- Continue with the guidelines by tapping next and complete the wireless connection between the devices.
Canon tr8520 Replace Ink Cartridge
- Check if the Canon Pixma TR8520 Setup printer is powered on.
- Lift the access cover at the top of the printer.
- The printhead holder slides to its position.
- Wait until the holder settles at its place.
- Remove the ink tank which you need to replace.
- Take a new ink tank and unpack it.
- Remove the orange colored protective tape on the cartridge.
- Open the tab on the protective cap and remove it.
- Insert the cartridge into the corresponding slot.
- Gently press the cartridge until it fits into the place.
- Close the access cover and complete the ink cartridge replacement process.
How to load photo paper in Canon TR8520
- Make sure that you use only papers that support your printer type.
- Also, ensure they are not curled, bent or moistened.
- Now pull the input tray of the printer and open its cover.
- Extract the cover of the paper feed slot.
- Push the paper width guides to the extreme ends and mount the paper in the middle of the rear tray.
- Adjust the paper width guides and bring it closer to the paper without inclining on its edges.
How to Print Photos on Canon TR8520
- Open the Canon Pixma TR8520 Setup printer’s input paper tray, which is at the rear.
- Grab the output tray and its extension as well.
- Place the paper vertically into the input tray with the printed side pointing you.
- Set the paper width guides and click the My Image Garden icon in the Quick menu of your printer’s control panel.
- Choose the folder on your computer that contains photos.
- Click the folder and then click the photos that you wish to print.
- To select multiple photos for printing, press Ctrl along with your mouse cursor.
- Now click Print, select the required number of copies, other settings and click Print again.
Canon PIXMA TR8520 How to Scan
- When you download the driver for your Canon Pixma TR8520 printer, ensure that you select IJ Scan Utility tool as well.
- The tool lets you scan automatically from your printer.
- Power on your Canon Pixma TR8520 Setup printer and wait for it to become idle.
- Take the hard copy of the document and position it on the scanner platen or ADF.
- Start the IJ Scan Utility tool and click Auto; the scanning process begins and saves the scanned job on your computer.
How to Fax on Canon PIXMA TR8520
- First, prepare your printer with a proper fax setup.
- Determine your printer’s working status is on or off.
- Open the scanner glass or ADF and place the document on it.
- Choose the Fax option on the Home screen of your printer.
- Type the recipient’s fax or telephone number and dial it.
- Tap OK and press the Color button if you are sending a fax that includes color-enabled text or Black button for Black & white text.
- When the document is scanned, the confirmation screen prompts you to load the next document. Click on Send now to send the fax.
How to Reset Canon TR8520
You can do two types of resets in the Canon TR8520 printer-Factory reset and Ink cartridge reset.
- Switch on your Canon TR8520 printer using its Power button and navigate to the Menu.
- Locate the Setup menu using the arrow icons.
- Go to Device Settings and then tap OK.
- Tap the Reset Settings option and then on OK to begin the factory reset process.
Ink Cartridge Reset
- Down the power supply of your Canon Pixma TR8520 Setup printer.
- Hold the Stop button along with the Power button.
- Now, leave the Stop button.
- Without leaving the Power button, press the Stop button two times again.
- The printer displays O after 30 seconds. Now, press the Stop button again for four times and then press the Power button also twice.
- Now, press the Power button once more to shut the power of your Canon TR8520 printer.
- The reset process should be completed by now.
- Disconnect the power and USB connection of the printer to reset the ink cartridges.
- Now open the ink cartridge access door with the Power button pressed on and connect the power cables back to the respective ports while you are handling the printer in the same position.
- Release the Power button after closing the cartridge access door.