How To Perform The Canon Maxify Megatank GX7020 Setup?
Canon Maxify MegaTank GX7020 can be considered as one of the most efficient printers. With a single tank of ink, you can print around 7000 black and 14000 color pages. The distinctive feature of this printer is its Pigment-Based ink system. It offers excellent print quality, as there won't be any smudges of ink. You will be getting sharp text on your documents. Its touchscreen gives a premium look to this printer. An automatic document feeder can hold up to 50 sheets, so you can scan and copy your documents at a blazing speed. If you want to know the Canon Maxify MegaTank GX7020 Setup, follow the instructions given below.
CANON MAXIFY MEGATANK GX7020 PRINTER SETUP
The Canon Maxify MegaTank GX7020 printer comes with a reliable ink system to produce a perfect resolution of 1200x700 dpi for laser sharp quality prints. The GX7020 printer can print documents at a speed of 24 pages per minute for black and 15.5 pages per minute for color.
CANON MAXIFY MEGATANK GX7020 UNBOXING SETUP
The Canon Maxify MegaTank GX7020 printer,
Documentation sheets and
- Unpack the printer from the carton and place it on a flat surface close to your computer and wireless router.
- Remove the protective tapes surrounding the printer body.
- Lift the scanning unit and remove the packaging material present inside the printer and close the scanning unit.
- Remove the power cord from the sealed packaging; connect the plug to the main power source and to the rear end of the printer.
- Turn on the printer.
- When the display turns on, select your language and press Yes.
- Open the scanning unit to fill the ink tanks.
- On the left side, open the ink tank cover and remove the tank cap.
- Remove the cap from the black ink bottle.
- Gently insert the ink bottle into the black ink tank; wait for the ink tank to fill.
- Close the tank cap and the ink tank cover once the ink tank is full.
- Fill the other ink tanks located on the right side of the printer.
- Slide and remove the paper tray from the printer.
- Slide the paper guides inside the tray.
- Load a paper stack into the paper tray and adjust the paper guides according to the edges of the paper.
- Gently place the paper tray back into its slot. Now, pull out the paper output tray from the printer.
- Make sure to download the Canon Maxify MegaTank GX7020 printer driver from this page or from the official Canon support page.
- Once the printer driver download is complete, double-click on the software to start the installation.
- Click the Start button and follow the on-screen commands.
- When the connection screen appears, select the method of connection you want to have for the printer.
- With the help of the instructions displayed, complete the software setup.
CANON MAXIFY MEGATANK GX7020 DRIVER DOWNLOAD
There are two ways to download the Canon Maxify MegaTank GX7020 printer driver for your computer.
- On this page, click the Driver Download button.
- The printer driver for your computer will be downloaded based on the operating system you are using.
- You can also download the driver from the official Canon support page.
- Enter the URL for the Canon support page in your browser.
- In the search bar, type Maxify MegaTank GX7020 and press the Enter button.
- The printer page will now open.
- Click the Drivers tab.
- Scroll down the page, click the Your Operating System drop-down list and choose the OS and the version.
- Once the page refreshes, go to the drivers section and click the DOWNLOAD button.
CANON MAXIFY MEGATANK GX7020 DRIVER INSTALL
- Make sure you have the printer driver setup file on your computer.
- Double-click the setup file.
- Wait for the installation screen or the setup window to open.
- Follow the prompts and click the Start button.
- As you follow the commands, wait for the connection screen to open.
- Now select the type of connection you want to have for the printer.
- Complete the installation process for the printer driver.
CANON MAXIFY MEGATANK GX7020 WIFI SETUP
- Make sure the Canon printer is turned on.
- Tap the Wireless icon on the printer display.
- Under the LAN settings section, select the Wi-Fi option.
- Choose Wi-Fi Setup -> Manual connect.
- You will read a message that says Searching for wireless router.
- Select your wireless network from the display and type the password from the on-screen commands.
- Press the OK button.
- The printer will be connected to the wireless network and you will see a message saying Connected to the wireless router.
- Press the OK button and go back to the main screen.
CANON MAXIFY MEGATANK GX7020 PRINT SETUP
- Open the document you wish to print.
- Make sure to open the document in software that supports the print feature.
- Click the File menu and select the Print option.
- Now select the Canon Maxify MegaTank GX7020 printer from the printer list.
- Click Printer Preferences and make the changes you wish to have for your print job.
- Also, make sure you have set the orientation, 2-sided printing, and other preferences.
- Click the OK button or the Print button to start printing.
CANON MAXIFY MEGATANK GX7020 AIRPRINT SETUP
AirPrint is a mobile printing feature. The feature is exclusive to Apple devices. To proceed with the AirPrint setup, you need to ensure the printer and the Apple device (iOS) are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Here are the steps for AirPrint from iPad.
- Open the document you want to print.
- Select the Share icon on the screen.
- Tap Print and select the Canon Maxify MegaTank GX7020 printer.
- If you want more than one print of the document, tap the + icon.
- Finally, tap the Print button on the top right corner of the iPad.
CANON MAXIFY MEGATANK GX7020 SCAN SETUP
- Make sure the Canon printer is connected to the computer.
- Open the scanner lid.
- Place the original document on the printer.
- Adjust the document based on the edge of the scanner glass.
- Close the scanner lid.
- Press Home -> Scan (on the printer display).
- Select the type of scan (scan to email/pdf) you want for the document on the scanner glass.
- Select the method and press the Start or Scan button.
- The document will be saved to the Pictures folder on your computer.
CANON MAXIFY MEGATANK GX7020 COPY SETUP
Make sure the printer is loaded with paper in the paper tray.
Place the document you want to copy on the scanner glass of the printer.
Press the Home button if needed.
Swipe through the options and select Copy.
Follow the prompts on the printer display and complete the copy setup.
CANON MAXIFY MEGATANK GX7020 TROUBLESHOOTING
Like any other printer, the Canon Maxify MegaTank GX7020 printer might also go through some maintenance issues. Read ahead for the troubleshooting methods and solutions to easily fix the problem.
CANON MAXIFY MEGATANK GX7020 OFFLINE
Method 1: DELETE PRINT JOBS
- Open the Control Panel window.
- Select Printers & Scanners.
- When the printer list opens, select the Canon printer.
- Click the Open queue button.
- Delete the pending print jobs in the list.
Method 2: DISABLE THE USE PRINTER OFFLINE OPTION
- Open the Control Panel window.
- Select Devices and Printers.
- Select the printer and do a right-click.
- Select the See what's printing option.
- Click the Printer tab.
- Click the checkbox to disable the Use Printer Offline option.
CANON MAXIFY MEGATANK GX7020 NOT PRINTING
- Make sure the printer is turned on.
- Clear the errors in the printer, if there are any.
- Notice and make sure the printer is not offline.
- If the printer is connected (USB cable), check and see if the cable is damaged in any way.
- If the printer is connected wirelessly, make sure the printer is within the proximity range of the router.
- Check the ink tanks and notice if they need refilling.
- Make sure the scanning unit is properly closed while printing your document.
- Ensure that the paper in the paper tray is properly set.
- Remove the paper tray and arrange the stack properly.
- Remove the jammed paper from the stack and place the paper stack properly again.