Canon Imageclass MF644Cdw Setup - Overall Guide
If you are looking for the procedure to set up your Canon imageCLASS MF644Cdw printer, you should read this page completely. This page has everything you must know about setting up your printer, including how to complete the initial setup and how to install the printer software. It also provides instructions on how to handle common printer issues. Now, let's get started.
Complete Your Printer's Initial Setup
- Unpack the printer and remove all the components you received.
- Your package contains the Canon imageCLASS MF644Cdw printer, ink cartridges, power cord, phone cord, quick start guide, user software, and warranty card.
- Remove all protective covers and packing tape from the printer and its accessories. However, do not remove the cap covering the USB port.
- Extend the paper cassette and slide the width guides to the extreme ends.
- Take a stack of paper and place it in the paper tray, but do not exceed the specified limit.
- Align the guides with the stack and reinsert the paper cassette into the printer.
- This printer comes with pre-installed toner cartridges, so there is no necessity to install them manually.
- Plug the included power cord into the printer's power cord and electrical outlet. Turn on your Canon printer by pressing the Power button.
- Configure settings such as language, country, date, and time.
- This completes your printer's initial setup.
CANON IMAGECLASS MF644CDW DRIVER DOWNLOAD
- The steps to download the Canon imageCLASS MF644CDW printer driver are given here.
- From your default browser, head to the support page of the Canon imageCLASS MF644CDW printer.
- Click the Software & Drivers tab and choose the OS of your computer from the Operating System drop-down menu.
- Choose the most appropriate software and click Select> Download.
- Alternatively, you can also click the Driver Download link available on this web page to download the printer driver.
CANON IMAGECLASS MF644CDW MANUAL DOWNLOAD
- Here are the guidelines to download a soft copy of the Canon imageCLASS M644CDW printer manual.
- After you launch a web browser on your computer, go to the manufacturer website.
- Search for the Canon imageCLASS MF644CDW printer’s support page, navigate to the Manuals section, and you will see a list of available manuals under the Recommended Manuals and Optional Manuals section on the screen.
- Choose your preferred manual and click the Select option,followed by the View option.
- This will download the soft copy of the Canon imageCLASS M644CDW printer manual tothe computer.
- Also, you can get the printer manual by clicking the Manual Download button on this web page.
CANON IMAGECLASS MF644CDW INSTALL DRIVER
To access your printer, you need to install the appropriate printer software on your computer. If you don't do this, you cannot print documents from your computer. This section describes how to install the software on your computer.
- Locate the setup file in your Downloads folder and run the setup file.
- If User Account Control appears, click Yes.
- If the software license screen appears, read and agree to the terms and conditions.
- When prompted to select the connection method, select the option you want and connect the printer and computer accordingly.
- Continue following the instructions to complete the installation.
CANON IMAGECLASS MF644CDW WIRELESS SETUP
When you configure your printer for wireless communication, you can print your documents seamlessly using the printer software. Here are the guidelines you should follow to complete your Canon printer's wireless setup.
- In the Home screen of your printer, select the Menu option.
- Choose Preferences> Network> Wireless LAN Settings> WPS Push Button Mode> Yes.
- Now, press and hold your printer's WPS button for at least 2 seconds.
- When your printer shows you the Connected message, choose the Close option.
- In case you don't have a WPS-enabled router, choose "SSID Settings" instead of WPS Push Button Mode. Then, choose Select Access Point.
- When your printer shows you a list of nearby networks, choose your network and enter the password in the appropriate field.
- A connection between your printer and router will be established within a few seconds.
- Connect your computer to the same network and start printing using the printer software.
CANON IMAGECLASS MF644CDW TONER CARTRIDGE REPLACMENT
- Open the Canon imageCLASS MF644CDW printer's front cover.
- Extend the cartridge tray and remove the toner cartridge you are going to replace.
- Unpack the new toner cartridge and shake it 5 to 6 times to distribute the toner evenly.
- Place the toner cartridge into the slot according to the color indication.
- Repeat the procedure for installing the rest of the cartridges.
- Reinsert the toner cartridge tray into the printer and close the front cover.
CANON IMAGECLASS MF644CDW SCAN TO COMPUTER
If you want to scan your documents directly to your computer using the Canon imageCLASS MF644CDW printer, perform the following instructions.
- Place your originals on the scanner glass with the print side facing down.
- On your printer's home screen, select the Scan option.
- On the Scan Basic Features screen, choose the Computer option.
- When your printer shows you a list of computers connected to the same network, pick the destination computer.
- Pick the scan type you prefer and select Start.
- Now, your printer will scan your hard copies and save them to the specified destination on your computer.
CANON IMAGECLASS MF644CDW SCAN TO EMAIL
This section will explain the procedure for scanning the documents and sending them directly to an email account.
- Place your documents on the scanner glass.
- On your printer's home screen, choose Scan.
- Select Email on the Scan Basic Features screen.
- Enter the email address directly or choose it using the address book.
- Specify the scanning size, file format, and orientation according to your preference.
- Ensure you have chosen the right destination on your printer's screen. Then, choose the Start option.
- Now, your printer starts scanning your documents and sending them to the specified email address.
CANON IMAGECLASS MF644CDW AIRPRINT
To configure the AirPrint settings, do the following steps.
- Start the default web browser on your computer, type the IP address of the printer in the address column, and press the Enter key.
- Sign in to the Remote UI and select Settings/Registration -> Network Settings -> AirPrint Settings -> Edit.
- Customize the required settings and click the OK option.
To perform the printing function on the Canon imageCLASS MF644CDW printer using the AirPrint feature, carry out the steps given here.
- Check if you have turned on the Canon imageCLASS MF644CDW printer.
- Make sure to connect theApple device and the Canon printer to the same wireless network.
- Go to the Apple device, open the image that you want to print, and select the shareicon at the bottom of the screen.
- After tapping the Print option, choose the Canon imageCLASS MF644CDW printer.
- If required, mention the print settings.
- Once you tap the Print option, the Canon imageCLASS MF644CDW printer prints the image as per the print settings.
CANON IMAGECLASS MF644CDW TROUBLESHOOTING
If you have a hard time with your printer, don't worry; some simple techniques can fix most printer issues. If you are experiencing an issue with your printer, you can try a few things to fix it yourself. This section will teach you some effective techniques to handle your printer issues.
CANON IMAGECLASS MF644CDW WON’T PRINT
- First and foremost, see if your Canon printer displays an error code. If so, fix it with the appropriate solution. If the printer has a paper jam, it will not print anything. In that case, removing the jammed paper from the specified location will be the only resolution to handle your trouble.
- If you cannot print documents from your computer, check the connection between your Canon imageCLASS printer and computer. If you have connected them via USB, ensure the cable is working fine and firmly connected at both ends. Suppose you have connected your devices over a network. In that scenario, ensure your Internet is working, and the devices are connected to the same network.
- It is quite important to set your printer as the default printer. To do this, go to the Devices and Printers section. Right-click your printer and select the Set as default printer option.
CANON IMAGECLASS MF644CDW OFFLINE
- If you enable the Use Printer Offline option in the Devices and Printers section, your printer will not appear online. To fix this issue, navigate to the Devices and Printers section. Then, right-click your printer and select See what's printing. Click the Printer menu and ensure Use Printer Offline is disabled. In the same tab, ensure Pause Printing is also unchecked.
- Your Canon printer and computer should be connected to the same wireless network. If you connect them to different networks, your printer will not appear while looking for nearby network devices from your computer.
- Keep the printer driver up-to-date; this will ensure stable communication between your printer and computer. You can get the updated software for your Canon printer from its official website.
CANON IMAGECLASS MF644CDW FACTORY RESET
When you factory reset your Canon imageCLASS MF644CDW printer, all the settings you have configured so far will be restored to default values. These guidelines will give you clear insight into the procedure.
- Go to your printer's menu and select Management Settings> Data Management> Initialize All Data/Settings> Yes.
- Choose the Yes option if a confirmation message appears on the printer's LCD screen.
- The data and settings will be restored to default values. Now, you need to configure all the settings on your printer from the beginning.
Therefore, this is how you should set up your Canon imageCLASS MF644CDW printer. If you still have queries or need assistance in setting up the printer, connect with our technical experts. They will help you in real-time and help you get the job done. You can reach us via the Call button on this page.