Canon Pixma iX6820 Setup Guidance
Canon PIXMA iX6820 is a wireless Inkjet printer that comes with features like auto sheet feeder, auto power on/off, AirPrint, and Google Cloud printing capability. The Basic Canon Pixma iX6820 setup process is quite simple and can be done by following the below-mentioned steps.
- Unpack the printer and take out the printer supplies such as power cord, setup CD, user guide, and ink cartridges.
- Remove the orange protective tapes and covers from the printer.
- Connect the Canon printer to the wall outlet using the printer's power cord.
- Press the Power button until the power indicator light turns into white.
- Open the ink access door and unpack the ink cartridge.
- Remove the orange tape from the ink cartridges and insert them into the printer one by one.
- Avoid touching the ink nozzles to prevent poor print quality in the future.
- Next, extend the paper support and pull out the paper output tray.
- Load some plain paper into the paper input tray and adjust with paper guides.
- Install the printer software on your computer using the setup CD received along with the Canon Pixma iX6820 setup.
- After installing the printer software, verify the printer function by printing a configuration or status sheet.
- For mobile printing, use the Google Cloud Print or AirPrint feature.
Canon Pixma iX6820 Driver Download
You can download the driver for the Canon PIXMA iX6820 printer by merely clicking the Driver Download button available on this screen. Otherwise, download it from the official Canon site using the below-mentioned steps.
- Connect your computer to the Internet.
- Make sure you have removed the previously installed Canon printer software if any.
- Open the default browser and navigate to the official Canon site.
- Enter your Canon printer model number in the search panel and click the Go button.
- Click the Drivers & Downloads tab and choose your desired OS from the Operating System drop-down menu.
- Select your desired language from the Language pull-down menu.
- Under Recommended Drivers, click the Download button to download the Full Driver & Software Package.
- The installer file will download as a .exe file for Windows operating systems.
- For Mac users, the installer file will download as a .dmg file.
- After downloading the driver, navigate to the Downloads folder.
- Double-click on the installer file to run the driver setup.
Canon Pixma Ix6820 Manual Download
The Canon Pixma iX6820 setup manual is supplied along with the printer during the first-time purchase. If the manual is damaged or lost, it can be downloaded by clicking the Manual Download button available on this screen. If you wish to download it from the official Canon site, follow the steps mentioned below.
- On your computer, open the default browser and go to the official site.
- Type Canon PIXMA iX6820 in the search panel and click the Go button.
- On the support page, click the Manuals tab and choose your language from the drop-down menu.
- Choose your desired manual from the displayed list and click the View button.
- You should have installed the PDF reader to open the manual because it is available only as a PDF file.
- When the manual is loaded on the web browser, click the Download icon to download the manual on your computer.
- Few user manuals can be downloaded directly by clicking the Download button after enabling the checkbox under the file name.
- Those manuals are available for download as an executable file for the Windows and .dmg file for the Mac operating systems.
Canon Pixma iX6820 Driver Installation
Carry out these steps to install the driver for the Canon PIXMA iX6820 printer:
- Before installing, check whether you have completed the basic printer settings.
- Connect your computer to your local wireless network.
- Remove any previously installed printer drivers and ensure that you have a standard Internet connection.
- Insert the setup CD into the CD/DVD drive of your computer and run the driver setup.
- If you have downloaded the printer driver, navigate to the Downloads folder and double-click the installer file to start the installation process.
- On the Setup Wizard screen, choose your language and click the Next button.
- Select your region and agree to the EULA on the next screen.
- When the Connection Method Selection screen appears, choose either Wireless connection or USB connection as the connection method.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to connect the printer to the computer.
- Verify the printer functions by printing a test page and click the Finish button to complete the driver setup.
How To Connect Canon Pixma iX6820 Printer To Wifi?
Using The Cableless Setup Method:
- Before starting, connect your computer to the local wireless network.
- Turn on your Canon Pixma iX6820 setup and press the Wi-Fi button on it until the power indicator light flashes two times.
- Now, the power light stops flashing, and the Wi-Fi button starts to blink to ensure that the printer is ready for cableless setup.
- Navigate to the computer desktop and close all the running programs.
- Make sure you have logged in using the administrator account of your computer.
- Insert the setup CD into the CD/DVD drive to begin the driver installation process.
- Otherwise, open the downloaded installer file to run the driver setup.
- On the Setup Wizard screen, click the Next button and select the Network Connection option.
- Next, choose Wireless Connection as your connection method.
- On the Printer Setup screen, click the Connect to the network button.
- Select the Cableless setup option and click the Yes button.
- On the Software Installation List screen, choose the driver you wish to install and click Next.
- Wait until the installation is complete.
- Now, the printer will be automatically detected, and the "Setup has been completed" message will be displayed on the screen.
- Verify your printer model and the Wi-Fi SSID displayed on the Setup Wizard screen.
- Click the Complete button, followed by Next.
- If the Canon printer is not detected automatically, click the Redetect button.
- On the Test Print screen, click the Execute button to print a configuration report.
- Make sure you have loaded the plain papers into the paper input tray.
Canon Pixma iX6820 Print Setup
- Carry out these steps to set up the basic print settings for the Canon PIXMA iX6820 printer:
- Turn on your Canon Pixma iX6820 setup and check the hardware connection.
- Make sure you have installed the printer software on your computer.
- Load some plain papers into the paper input tray.
- Ensure that you have correctly connected the printer to your computer.
- Open the document you wish to print remotely from the computer to the printer.
- Press the Ctrl + P shortcut keys to open the Printing Preferences window.
- In the Printing Preferences window, select the Canon PIXMA iX6820 printer from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the paper size, document type, and other settings on the properties window.
- Click the Print button to print the document.
- You can also set up the basic printer settings from the printer driver setup window.
Canon Pixma iX6820 Duplex Printing Guide
- On your Windows desktop, open the Control Panel and select Devices and Printers.
- Under Devices, give a right-click on your printer icon and select Properties or Preferences.
- In the Printing Preferences window, select the Page Setup tab and enable the Duplex Printing (Manual) checkbox.
- Under Page Layout, choose Normal-Size from the displayed list.
- Specify the stapling size from the Orientation and Page Layout fields.
- Click the Specify Margin button and set the margin width if necessary.
- Verify the settings on the Main tab and click the OK button to complete the setup.
- While running duplex printing, click the Print button after printing the first side.
Canon Pixma iX6820 Borderless Printing Guide
- Turn on your Canon Pixma iX6820 setup and load the plain papers into the paper input tray.
- Ensure the connection between the printer and the computer.
- On your computer, open the application from which you wish to print the document and click the Print button.
- In the Printer dialogue box, select your printer name and open the printer driver setup window.
- Click the Main tab and choose the Plain paper option from the Media Type drop-down menu.
- Click the Page Setup tab and select the Defaults Settings option under the Print Target section.
- Select the size of the original from the Page Size drop-down menu.
- Select the "Borderless Printing" checkbox.
- Select the Roll Paper option from the Media Source list.
- If you do not use roll paper, choose the Fit Media Size radio button under the Borderless Printing Method section.
- Finally, click the OK button and print the document.
Canon Pixma iX6820 Screen Printing
- First, turn on your Canon PIXMA iX6820 printer and check the hardware connection.
- Load the transparency sheet into the paper input tray.
- On your computer, choose the image you wish to print and click the Print icon.
- Choose your printer name and select the default settings.
- Select the Grayscale Printing checkbox and choose High from the Print Quality drop-down menu.
- Select Matte Photo Paper in the Media Type drop-down menu.
- Select the Rear Tray option from the Paper Source drop-down menu.
- After verifying the printer settings, click the Print button to execute the screen printing.
Canon Pixma iX6820 Printhead Replacement
Follow these steps to replace the printhead on the Canon PIXMA iX6820 printer:
- Connect the Canon Pixma iX6820 setup to the electrical outlet using the power cord and power on the printer.
- Lift the top cover gently by holding the paper output tray.
- Open the ink access door and wait until the printhead stops moving.
- Press the slot to take out the ink cartridges one by one.
- Next, press the Stop button and hold it until the printhead moves to the center.
- Open the inner cover and push it to the bottom.
- Pull out the carriage tray and remove the printhead.
- Open the top cover and hold the center tab of the new printhead.
- Slide the replacement printhead into the printer and push the Head Set Lever.
- Now, close the inner cover and install all the ink cartridges.
- Lower the top cover and try printing a nozzle check sheet.
Canon Pixma iX6820 Setup Troubleshooting Guidance
If your Canon PIXMA iX6820 printer fails to function or indicates any error messages, you can troubleshoot the printer problem. Some common printer issues like offline printer, paper jam, ink error, wireless setup issue, and print job stuck in the queue are resolved using the correct troubleshooting steps. If you have difficulties in troubleshooting the printer errors, contact our technical support team by clicking the Call button available on this screen.
Fixed: Canon Pixma iX6820 won't Print Issue
If your Canon PIXMA iX6820 printer fails to print, follow the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps.
- Check whether you have connected the printer to the electrical outlet properly.
- Wait until the power light stops flashing and turns solid.
- Use a standard USB cable to establish a secure connection between the printer and the computer.
- Make sure you have loaded enough papers into the paper input tray and check whether you have selected the correct print settings.
- Add the Canon PIXMA iX6820 printer as your default printer on your computer and check if you could print from it.
- If the problem persists, check the driver installation.
- If the driver installation is incorrect, remove and reinstall the printer driver.
- Now, you could print remotely from the computer to the printer.
Canon Pixma iX6820 Offline Guidance
If your Windows desktop displays the Canon Pixma iX6820 setup is Offline message, follow these steps to resolve the error.
- Makes sure that the printer is turned on.
- Check whether you have selected the connected printer while assigning a print job on your computer.
- Click the Windows icon and select Settings to open the Windows Settings.
- Select the Devices tab and right-click on the Canon printer icon.
- Select the Use Printer Online option from the drop-down menu and check if the error is resolved.
- If the problem persists, remove the print jobs waiting in the queue and print a single sheet after restarting your computer.
Canon Pixma iX6820 not Responding Solution
If your Canon PIXMA iX6820 printer fails to respond to your printing commands, follow these steps to resolve the problem.
- Turn on the Canon Pixma iX6820 setup and wait until the power LED stops flashing.
- Check the hardware connection and use a standard USB cable to connect your printer to the computer.
- Remove the print jobs in the queue and assign a single printing operation to check if the printer responds to your command.
- Make sure to choose the correct printer name in the Printing Preferences window.
- Add the Canon printer as the default printer on your computer.
- Now, the printer will respond to your printing commands.
Canon iX6820 Printing Blank Pages Solution
Carry out these steps to fix the print quality issues on your Canon printer:
- Check the ink level status first.
- If the black ink is low or empty, replace the black ink cartridge.
- Check the printer settings on your computer.
- If you are using Mac OS, click the Finder menu and select Printers & scanners.
- Select the Options and supplies tab.
- Click the Options button and select the Skip blank page checkbox.
- Click OK to save the applied changes.
- Try cleaning the printhead and print a nozzle check sheet to verify whether the black ink is printing.
Steps: Pixma iX6820 Factory Reset
Carry out these steps to restore your printer settings to factory defaults:
- Turn on your Canon PIXMA iX6820 printer and check the hardware connection.
- To reset the network settings, press the Resume/Cancel button.
- Hold it until the power indicator light flashes for nine times.
- To reset the printer to factory defaults, press the Stop button and hold it until the alarm flashes 19 times.
- Make sure to remove and reinstall the printer from your computer network.
- Now, the Canon PIXMA iX6820 printer will be reset to factory default settings.
Canon Pixma iX6820 Error Code B200 Solution
The error code B200 on the Canon PIXMA iX6820 printer indicates when the print head is damaged. If you wish to resolve the B200 error, follow these steps.
- Open the ink access door and remove the ink cartridges one by one.
- Replace the existing cartridges with the new ink cartridges.
- Remove the printhead from the Canon printer and clean the copper-colored part using a wet tissue paper.
- After removing the inks and dirt, reinstall the printhead firmly into the printer.
- Clean the printhead remotely using the printer software.
- If you find that the printer driver is corrupted, remove and reinstall the latest version from the official Canon site.
- Turn off your Canon Pixma iX6820 setup and restart it after an hour.
- If the problem persists, replace the printhead with a new one.